Audeze LCD-4
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #9,722 of 11,995
Only 16 ohm? Shame, i know DAP are more and more popular but what about big audio? Pads looks exactly like Abyss Diana.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #9,729 of 11,995
Bordering on bright? I won't be selling my LCD-4. Still may get a 5, but the 4 is staying. I love the mids and warmer signature.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #9,730 of 11,995
Hi there! I'm going to buy LCD-4 and am curious if Hugo 2 is enough to drive them. I read a lot on this forum and other reviews but still don't get a clear picture. Or any other AMP you can recommend (used) under 700$ in addition to Hugo 2 for LCD-4? Or it's better just to consider buying LCD-4z (they are slightly expensive ~600$ used) and just keep Hugo2?

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #9,731 of 11,995
Bordering on bright? I won't be selling my LCD-4. Still may get a 5, but the 4 is staying. I love the mids and warmer signature.
Same. Looks like they went the Meze route. I’m also keeping the 4, and now will have to wait for more reviews on the 5.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #9,732 of 11,995
Same. Looks like they went the Meze route. I’m also keeping the 4, and now will have to wait for more reviews on the 5.
I don't really understand why all these headphone makers are leaning toward resolution and transparency, at the cost of the low end. I get that the Utopias are detailed, and the SR1as are generally regarded as having the highest resolution and are popular as a result. However, I don't want my Audeze headphones to be solely focused on detail. Audeze kind of made their name on bass, why stop now? I'm guessing some market research was done, but I still don't get it.

Unless Audeze is making a pair of LCD headphones with more resolution than the SR1as or e-stats, what's the point? I have my sr1as and Susvaras for resolution, and my TCs for bass. I don't see where this LCD-5 fits in (for me at least.) What is it doing better than other headphones that would make somebody like me buy them?

That said, I am still very interested in hearing what other reviewers and head-fi members think. I got burned buying the Meze Elites without waiting for enough feedback, and I'm not going to let that happen again. :deadhorse:

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #9,734 of 11,995
Depending on the good graces of Audeze I put my 4 up for sale at a move it price. I got 3 buyers in 2 minutes. Now I am without headphones until the LCD-5 arrives. Have to rely on iems for music. There is a market out there for used LCD-4 if you really want them gone.

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #9,735 of 11,995
Depending on the good graces of Audeze I put my 4 up for sale at a move it price. I got 3 buyers in 2 minutes. Now I am without headphones until the LCD-5 arrives. Have to rely on iems for music. There is a market out there for used LCD-4 if you really want them gone.
Not sure I want them gone without hearing LCD-5. Though I'm wondering how much I need my Focal Stellia since I am now WFH now. Maybe go LCD-4, 5 and Solaris (for portable, closed-back).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back