Audeze LCD-4
Sep 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #9,706 of 11,995
It's 3853 EUR in my country, also Europe. and CRBN is going for 4564 EUR. I'm guessing the LCD-5 will sell for the same.

Also I'd like to give those pads a try on my LCD-X
Those are quite weird prices, do they really officially charge 3853€?

Can you name me a Shop you usually order from?
Being within EU that might be a great opportunity for me

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #9,709 of 11,995
Well ... the pads look promising.
As for the rest - we'll have to wait and see. I was hoping to see a Susvara competitor, not sure that was the goal though.
Just because the price doesn’t match the Susvara doesn’t mean these can’t sound better than them.

you do know that Hifiman uses high prices cause Chinese customers equate price with quality?

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #9,711 of 11,995
I would bet that the LCD4 (made in USA) costs 3 times what the Susvara (made in China)costs to make .

shouldn’t that be a better indicator of quality than retail price that anybody can pull out of thin air according to what the market will bear?

don’t fall for the marketing. Focus on build quality and sound quality.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #9,712 of 11,995
Just because the price doesn’t match the Susvara doesn’t mean these can’t sound better than them.

you do know that Hifiman uses high prices cause Chinese customers equate price with quality?
The only thing I've said is that we have to wait and see and I'm not sure whether it was the goal. Not sure why You've responded this way. What I meant is, that if they priced it at 6000$ that would be a clear indicator that Audeze wants to compete with Susvaras/1266. At current price point - I don't know. Not saying it can't be better, of course it can. But Audeze certainly have never been the ones to try to beat the competition with lower prices. After all, it is an american brand, which has quite a bit of value for some and it was always reflected in their pricing.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #9,713 of 11,995

all manufacturers are now pushing 4K+price tags for flagship

people are paying
I would bet that the LCD4 (made in USA) costs 3 times what the Susvara (made in China)costs to make .

shouldn’t that be a better indicator of quality than retail price that anybody can pull out of thin air according to what the market will bear?

don’t fall for the marketing. Focus on build quality and sound quality.
like hifiman or don’t like hifiman the susvara sound amazing

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #9,714 of 11,995
The only thing I've said is that we have to wait and see and I'm not sure whether it was the goal. Not sure why You've responded this way. What I meant is, that if they priced it at 6000$ that would be a clear indicator that Audeze wants to compete with Susvaras/1266. At current price point - I don't know. Not saying it can't be better, of course it can. But Audeze certainly have never been the ones to try to beat the competition with lower prices. After all, it is an american brand, which has quite a bit of value for some and it was always reflected in their pricing.
They probably assume more sales at the 5k price Region which makes sense from my point of view.

T+A also went for a 4.8k price while their goal Was to best the 7k Susvara (and imo they achieved that)

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #9,715 of 11,995
They probably assume more sales at the 5k price Region which makes sense from my point of view.

T+A also went for a 4.8k price while their goal Was to best the 7k Susvara (and imo they achieved that)
Just put a deposit down on a pair and the price is surprising, in a good way !! I don't want to get the dealer into trouble so not saying who but price should be made public later today !! 😊😊😊😊

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #9,717 of 11,995
I wonder if the LCD4 will go down in price now? I guess they’ll have to change the marketing and wording - no longer the pinnacle in audio.

Kind of feel a bit let down as haven’t had my LCD4 that long and would of waited 6 months more for an LCD5 but such is life.

Also if these are easy to drive is there much point to keep the 4z around and or will they go down in price too.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #9,718 of 11,995
That'll probably end up about right, but here's to hoping they can go for 4500 like the CRBN... Too lofty of an ask? Maybe.
Well... looks like the prayer session worked! Now... where can I get 'em? Also, FR graph soon please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back