Audeze LCD-4
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #8,926 of 11,995
i adore the lcd4 alot , yes its heavy no doubt, so lets have some fun, a thought came to my mind why not push the headband to the back of my head and use a neck pillow to carry the weight of the headphones for long listening sessions, and it solved the situation totally so the lcd4 cups are leaning on the neck pillow and so i feel no weight was so ever, and interesting enough i find the sound is even better like this, so attached is an example of a pic of a pillow to show what i mean, but the headband is pushed more back to the crown not touching my head and used full extension of the sliders, yes looks weird :) but the weight of lcd4 needs out of the box solution :), if there more outrageous solution to deal with weight of lcd4 please share :). to achieve optimal comfort u have go through a number of different neck pillows to find the right fit :), if u dont have one handy use a towel and experiment.

thanks audeze for making one of the best headphones that needs my genius out of the box thinking, on how to wear it comfortably
New-U-Shaped-Travel-Pillow-For-Airplane-Car-Inflatable-Pillows-Neck-Support-Headrest-Cushion-C...jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #8,927 of 11,995
i adore the lcd4 alot , yes its heavy no doubt, so lets have some fun, a thought came to my mind why not push the headband to the back of my head and use a neck pillow to carry the weight of the headphones for long listening sessions, and it solved the situation totally so the lcd4 cups are leaning on the neck pillow and so i feel no weight was so ever, and interesting enough i find the sound is even better like this, so attached is an example of a pic of a pillow to show what i mean, but the headband is pushed more back to the crown not touching my head and the used full extension of the sliders, yes looks weird :) but the weight of lcd4 needs out of the box solution :), if there more outrageous solution to deal with weight of lcd4 please share :)

Umm.. I personally do not have any solutions to suggest that are more outrageous, sorry about that. Besides, I am one of those users for whom the weight of Audeze headphones never seems to pose any problems at all, regardless of how many hours I spend listening to them on any day... I have occasionally wondered whether this physical indifference to the weight of Audeze cans is normal, but I digress.

With all that being said, I confess to finding the solution you have just proposed to be appropriately hilarious, so thanks for the smile you have brought to my face this morning. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #8,928 of 11,995
After having owned the LCD4 now for a few months I do miss the 4z. The weight made it easier to sit in bed or on the sofa or walk around the house connected to a DAP. I think the 4z is also somewhat clearer and faster, the mids and highs are more forward with a blacker background. The LCD4 has a touch bigger sound stage, images are a bit bigger and everything is a touch more liquid and warmer. If I could go back I think I would take the 4z. An interview yesterday on youtube with a Audeze representative seemed to imply that we might be getting a new lighter LCD4 in 2021 (possibly LCD5?) rather than something stripped down like the 4z.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #8,929 of 11,995
After having owned the LCD4 now for a few months I do miss the 4z. The weight made it easier to sit in bed or on the sofa or walk around the house connected to a DAP. I think the 4z is also somewhat clearer and faster, the mids and highs are more forward with a blacker background. The LCD4 has a touch bigger sound stage, images are a bit bigger and everything is a touch more liquid and warmer. If I could go back I think I would take the 4z. An interview yesterday on youtube with a Audeze representative seemed to imply that we might be getting a new lighter LCD4 in 2021 (possibly LCD5?) rather than something stripped down like the 4z.
Interesting if this turns out to bectrue
This could mean either a new shiny LCD for me
Or
An Influx of used LCD-4 at a nice price

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #8,930 of 11,995
Umm.. I personally do not have any solutions to suggest that are more outrageous, sorry about that. Besides, I am one of those users whom the weight of Audeze headphones never seems to pose any problems at all, regardless of how many hours I spend listening to them on any day... I have occasionally wondered whether this physical indifference to the weight of Audeze cans is normal, but I digress.

With all that being said, I confess to finding the solution you have just proposed to be appropriately hilarious, so thanks for smile you have brought to my face this morning. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses::thumbsup:
hahah it was a post to put a smile on some faces :)

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #8,931 of 11,995
An interview yesterday on youtube with a Audeze representative seemed to imply that we might be getting a new lighter LCD4 in 2021 (possibly LCD5?) rather than something stripped down like the 4z.

Do you have a link to that interview? I have been waiting for an LCD-5 for nearly two years. Audeze take my money!

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #8,932 of 11,995
After getting the Hekse, the next purchase will be the LCD-4. Not interested in the 5. :wink:

Qutest > Auris Nirvana > LCD4 puts a smile on my face.

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #8,933 of 11,995
I just noticed on Audeze website that the LCD-4 is shown as ”sold out”. Perhaps this is an indication that a new model is coming?

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #8,935 of 11,995
I just noticed on Audeze website that the LCD-4 is shown as ”sold out”. Perhaps this is an indication that a new model is coming?
You might be on to something. Don’t want to spread/start any rumors but ......... yeah, I think something “light” and “expensive” is cooking for 2021. 😉

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #8,936 of 11,995
You might be on to something. Don’t want to spread/start any rumors but ......... yeah, I think something “light” and “expensive” is cooking for 2021. 😉

Very intriguing indeed! :relaxed:

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #8,937 of 11,995
After getting the Hekse, the next purchase will be the LCD-4. Not interested in the 5. :wink:

Qutest > Auris Nirvana > LCD4 puts a smile on my face.

Good for you. As much as I loved the LCD-3 pre fazor...the LCD-4 really is on another level in just about every aspect.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #8,939 of 11,995
bonamassa is great, I have seen him at tiny clubs and large venues

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #8,940 of 11,995

I think the way Audeze manufactures in batches, is the reason. They probably just got 'caught' in a low production / high demand cycle. I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back