Audeze LCD-4
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #8,941 of 11,995
bonamassa is great, I have seen him at tiny clubs and large venues

I have seen him many times, never in a small club...this would be awesome though.
I have seen him in many different theatre's and a few times in the first four rows...that is a great 2 1/2 hours spent.

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #8,942 of 11,995
I saw him on the way up the ladder, saw him starting at BB king in nyc on to town hall and ultimately the beacon theatre...

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #8,943 of 11,995
I have seen him many times, never in a small club...this would be awesome though.
I have seen him in many different theatre's and a few times in the first four rows...that is a great 2 1/2 hours spent.

I'm so jealous. I've never seen him but then both of you are Joe, so there's an affinity ! Just like I have an affinity with planars now.

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #8,945 of 11,995
I just noticed on Audeze website that the LCD-4 is shown as ”sold out”. Perhaps this is an indication that a new model is coming?

I hope that a LCD5 is coming soon and that they can repeat the same trick they did when the made the LCD4. I mean keeping all the good thing from the LCD3 and only enhance on the thing it didn't do as well. I would want just a little cleaner sound with a bit more energy in the upper mids/ lower treble.

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #8,946 of 11,995
I'm so jealous. I've never seen him but then both of you are Joe, so there's an affinity ! Just like I have an affinity with planars now.

Last we saw him was in Cleveland March 7th last year...we were right up front....then a week later the world shut down.

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #8,947 of 11,995
I hope that a LCD5 is coming soon and that they can repeat the same trick they did when the made the LCD4. I mean keeping all the good thing from the LCD3 and only enhance on the thing it didn't do as well. I would want just a little cleaner sound with a bit more energy in the upper mids/ lower treble.
I think we wrongly think that these companies can keep improving on their TOTL tech. With Audeze, we see them releasing iterations based on TOTL tech. Developing TOTL is expensive so they need long cycles and multiple products to generate ROI on that investment. Same thing with Focal. And the audience for TOTL is small, so many of these companies are trying to expand market share into wider more traditional consumer markets. We see that with Hifiman, Focal, Audeze.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #8,951 of 11,995
I'll bet $5 it won't be in a few days. No company will unveil a TOTL headphone when the world is in pandemic crisis.
T+A did Last year, with the Solitaire P. This year with the more affordable Solitaire P-SE (official release tomorrow btw)
Actually this pandemic crisis is huge Business for headphone hifi companies. Demand skyrocketed with many being much more at home, home Office etc.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #8,953 of 11,995
T+A did Last year, with the Solitaire P. This year with the more affordable Solitaire P-SE (official release tomorrow btw)
Actually this pandemic crisis is huge Business for headphone hifi companies. Demand skyrocketed with many being much more at home, home Office etc.
But they also can’t keep up with demand because there are manufacturing delays globally and parts are much harder to come by.
Do you have source for the hifi boom during pandemic?

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #8,954 of 11,995
I hope something happens reasonably soon. I am considering a new DAC but an LCD-5 would have priority over going overboard on a new DAC.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #8,955 of 11,995
But they also can’t keep up with demand because there are manufacturing delays globally and parts are much harder to come by.
Do you have source for the hifi boom during pandemic?

Source for hifi boom during pandemic is a good question.

Toilet paper sales booming is what I know. The supermarket shelves for toilet rolls are cleared out!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back