Audeze LCD-4
Jul 22, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #6,781 of 11,994
Well, just ordered the Hydra 22 clear SE with a Furutech 6.3 plug. I'll pitch it against my stock LCD4 2018 cable (white and black). Silver can have the ability to extract maximum details. The balance I have right now is damb good, so lets see what more there is to be had! Pic shows the XLR version.

I guess you haven't heard then. Unfortunately Frank died last week, really shocking news

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #6,782 of 11,994
I guess you haven't heard then. Unfortunately Frank died last week, really shocking news

Seriously, that is terrible. I am unsure how to respond, I wouldn't have sent the order if I one what, last thing the family want right now..... maybe they should take the site down?

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #6,783 of 11,994
I put up a message on Facebook asking Max what I should do.
https://headmania.org/2018/07/18/toxic-cables-rest-in-peace-frank/

I didn't want to create complications with Max at this awful time for him and the family.
IMO to reduce their stress a bit, they should take off Paypal on their website till they sort things out. If the message on headmania is correct, nothing can be built till early next year. Otherwise there will be more orders pilling in. My money was taken in PayPal, so it is not pending or reversible unless I enact a charge back will may mess their PP history, last thing I want to do....

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #6,784 of 11,994
I don't really know the details of how Max is dealing with it but I imagine it is pretty rough for him. I hope you manage to get sorted.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #6,785 of 11,994
I don't really know the details of how Max is dealing with it but I imagine it is pretty rough for him. I hope you manage to get sorted.

Yes, I feel awful even asking for my money back. From the link page posted above, and the Toxic Cable FB page, it seems to be saying go through a PayPal charge back. Max says on that FB page he has no access to any of the email comms or PP account. It is a shame he didn't take down the website home page, reduce the hassles. Last thing he needs right now....

I would totally buy from him later if he manages to get the company going again, and it would be a nice legacy as well I would have thought.

Now back to looking for a good silver cable for my LCD4s, any ideas or recommendations guys?

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #6,788 of 11,994
Easily the Norne Draug Silver.

Thanks for the recommendation there. But isn't the Draug an all Copper cable. Or am I misreading the specs on their website. I am primarily after a silver cable for a 'different' presentation. The Solve looks to be silver?

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #6,789 of 11,994
Yes, I feel awful even asking for my money back. From the link page posted above, and the Toxic Cable FB page, it seems to be saying go through a PayPal charge back. Max says on that FB page he has no access to any of the email comms or PP account. It is a shame he didn't take down the website home page, reduce the hassles. Last thing he needs right now....

I would totally buy from him later if he manages to get the company going again, and it would be a nice legacy as well I would have thought.

Now back to looking for a good silver cable for my LCD4s, any ideas or recommendations guys?

Norne Audio. Draug silver. Just do it. Far superior cable and much better service. I waited over a year to get my Toxic Silver Widow and that pissed me off so much I said " Never Again".

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #6,790 of 11,994
My condolences to the family. It is never easy losing a loved one. BUT when I bot my cable and went thru the greater than one year travail that SOB would rarely answer emails and once made disparaging remarks about a wanker from Texas ordering a cable. So if the person wanted to only sell to panty waisted Europeans he should have said so up front. Screw that crap. Buy a Norne and get good service and a better cable.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #6,791 of 11,994
Thanks for the recommendation there. But isn't the Draug an all Copper cable. Or am I misreading the specs on their website. I am primarily after a silver cable for a 'different' presentation. The Solve looks to be silver?

It is not on his website, you'll have to email him to place the order. It is all silver and Trevor's flagship cable. It is ~$700 for typical length, I'd call it a bargain at that price to be honest. The craftsmanship and sound is absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #6,792 of 11,994
How does norne draug silver xlr compare heimdall 2 xlr? And stock black and white braided xlr?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #6,793 of 11,994
My condolences to the family. It is never easy losing a loved one. BUT when I bot my cable and went thru the greater than one year travail that SOB would rarely answer emails and once made disparaging remarks about a wanker from Texas ordering a cable. So if the person wanted to only sell to panty waisted Europeans he should have said so up front. Screw that crap. Buy a Norne and get good service and a better cable.

Oh my, looks like this company has some history (bad). I am hoping I get sorted with PayPal. If my funds are sat there in Toxic Cables PP account should be fine. I they are moved (manually) by Max, then not good at all...... i.e. fraud.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #6,794 of 11,994
It is not on his website, you'll have to email him to place the order. It is all silver and Trevor's flagship cable. It is ~$700 for typical length, I'd call it a bargain at that price to be honest. The craftsmanship and sound is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks for the recommendation. Hmm, secret club going on here! Dark web and stuff..... Only kidding.
How would you describe the sound difference to the stock black and white Audeze then? I am after a bit more air if anything.

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #6,795 of 11,994
Oh my, looks like this company has some history (bad). I am hoping I get sorted with PayPal. If my funds are sat there in Toxic Cables PP account should be fine. I they are moved (manually) by Max, then not good at all...... i.e. fraud.
Please note this was just my experience with Toxic Cables, I am sure others (particularly those who do not reside in the US) have had acceptable transactions with the vendor. But I did not, and if that feedback can help prevent another HF member from experiencing the same then all is well. Others may claim TC is better than sliced toast... YMMV as usual. I must have pissed the guy off since about 8 or 9 months in and no cable, I started getting somewhat testy via email to attempt to either get my money back or get the cable one or the other. It ended up he would not refund the money and it took 14 months to get the cable. That's all I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back