Audeze LCD-4
Dec 11, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,968 of 11,995
Opuio's "On Your Side" ft. Russ Liquid is mixed real nice for my Audezes FWIW.

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #1,969 of 11,995
Yes! I had an some aha moments with these though a Chord Hugo TT . Periphery - Alpha sounded great. 65daysofstatic - Prism, Tool - Vicarious, ATRS - Operate, Get High, Nora Jones - Humble Me, Kings of Convenience - Home Sick, Vector Lovers - Piano Dust were some of my test tracks.

Anyway Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp, Chord 2qute DAC, Dragon cables, and an LCD-3F should be waiting under the tree this year. Also mini shout out to Drew Baird at Moon Audio for emailing back and forth this week answering various questions and through my purchase process.

@ Obsidyen if you want musical mids, great bass' and polite - non fatiguing treble you should demo the LCD-3f. FYI my demo session involved the LCD 2 3 X and HD800s. The X and 3s were my favorites. I liked the 3s for their volume scaling, imaging, and tonality just a bit better.

The HD800 and the 3's are my current combo but the 4 is very tempting.

I need to try them out at a meet at 4K they better be good 

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #1,971 of 11,995
^^
The 4 slams bass just as hard as the X and has deeper extension. The 4s sweet mids and treble make the X seem lacking. The 4 has a more expansive sound stage and music sounds particularly alive and natural.  The 4 is more refined and revealing and is a clear upgrade over the X (and a similar upgrade from the 3.) More comfortable too. Once you go LCD-4 you never go back. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,972 of 11,995
How's the bass compare to early LCD-2 revisions? That' my favorite bass.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #1,974 of 11,995
I've finally experience the dreaded driver failure with my LCD-3's after about 2 years of ownership. Just curious what the typical cost is for repair/replacement from anyone else who has experienced the same. I sent Audeze a repair request so I'm sure they will answer me soon but I was just curious. I also asked them about upgrading to the LCD-4 since I've been eyeballing it for a while, shame about the failure though, I've been a big Audeze fan but this really sucks.

Edit: I should add that I've packed all my other gear (HE1000, Ether C, Studio Six (Amp), Yggy (DAC) & Emotiva Speakers) because my wife and I are moving in 2 weeks. So all I had left was the LCD-3 and HA-1. That's why it really sucks, no music for 2 weeks!!!

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #1,975 of 11,995
I've finally experience the dreaded driver failure with my LCD-3's after about 2 years of ownership. Just curious what the typical cost is for repair/replacement from anyone else who has experienced the same. I sent Audeze a repair request so I'm sure they will answer me soon but I was just curious. I also asked them about upgrading to the LCD-4 since I've been eyeballing it for a while, shame about the failure though, I've been a big Audeze fan but this really sucks.

Edit: I should add that I've packed all my other gear (HE1000, Ether C, Studio Six (Amp), Yggy (DAC) & Emotiva Speakers) because my wife and I are moving in 2 weeks. So all I had left was the LCD-3 and HA-1. That's why it really sucks, no music for 2 weeks!!!

The drivers have a three year warranty so other than shipping, the repair shouldn't cost you anything.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #1,976 of 11,995
The drivers have a three year warranty so other than shipping, the repair shouldn't cost you anything.
Oh cool think I forgot about that.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,977 of 11,995

I have too got a driver failure after about less than a year with the LCD3... Very disappointing, They are on the way back to me, I had just to pay shipment to them.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,978 of 11,995
Looks like we'll be waiting until next year for the carbon-fiber headbands to be sold independently, sigh.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,979 of 11,995
It looks like I have an LCD-4 driver failure guys
confused_face.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,980 of 11,995
It looks like I have an LCD-4 driver failure guys:confused_face:

That sucks, you would think for $4thousand, The guys at Audeze could had reduced the fail rate. I hope Audeze treats you like gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back