Audeze LCD-2C (Classic) Reviews + Long-term listening impressions ONLY
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zoom25

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I wanted to create a thread where people can post their full reviews and listening impressions of LCD-2C based on long term listening (at the very least 2-3 weeks).

If you want to post brief and initial impressions, please use the following thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-2c-classic-2017-impressions-thread.862174/

I want to keep the noise as low as possible to make it a valuable resource and easy to read and search through

I will also post my review once I've had a decent amount of time with them.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 6
RESERVED FOR FAQ and Product Info.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 6
Upcoming Review (to be updated).

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 6
It's been 3 months. Please feel free to post your reviews / long term impression of the LCD-2C, or link to other reviews.

May 21, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 6
I have had the LCD2C for about six months. I bought them used in great condition. My first thoughts after listening for a few days, I did not like them for 2 reasons. 1. The pads would cause a weird kind of vapor lock(?). Not sure what was happening but it was very annoying. Also the midrange sounded off. Vocals, especially male vocals were shouty and sounded off. I had a set of Brainwavz extra large pleather pads on another cheap headphone so I pulled the Audeze pads and the tested the Brainwavz pads without glueing them. The vapor lock went away but so did the shouty vocals as well as some lowering if the mid bass! They now sounded great, great subbass, MIDs and treble. They still sounded a bit dark, but very pleasant so I kept the brain wavz pads. I think they are more comfortable and look really good and sound good. After awhile I decided to pull the grills to see what was behind the. I found a dampening foam the diameter of which covered the complete back of the planar driver. I took them out to see how it sounded. There was a big loss in bass, but the top end opened up and the details were now very apparent. I had some very similar dampening foam so I experimented with different sizes. The bigger the foam diameter the more bass came back. I found that a dampening circle that was about 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than stock was the sweet spot!. They now sound truly incredible. Sub bass and mid bass have an impact are close to stock with the mid bass being pulled back a bit. MIDs and vocals are sweet and maybe just a very tiny bit recessed. Treble is now more present with increased detail but no semblance. I would now describe the headphone as neutral with a sub bass boost and a lesser mid bass boost. A friend who has had/tried many Audeze cans told me they were the best sounding Audeze headphones he has heard. I have not heard any other Audeze cans, but for me these are the best headphones I have heard and are my end game. At least until I get itchy to find something better which I do not believe I can do without spending more than I am willing/able to do. As you know sound is subjective and your ears may disagree with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back