Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,863 of 7,335
What is the warranty period on these? Can't find any obvious info on their site.

That's a good point, it used to be 3 years and transferable to second hand owners. There isn't anything I could find on the product page that specifies the conditions for the LCD2C.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #1,864 of 7,335
That's a good point, it used to be 3 years and transferable to second hand owners. There isn't anything I could find on the product page that specifies the conditions for the LCD2C.
As we as I know it’s the same - 3 years, which resets in the event of a driver failure. So if your drivers fail on 3 years you get another three years from the date of repair. In fact even if they fail out of warranty and you have to pay for a replacement, you then get a 3 year warranty from that date. That’s not bad at all I would say - considering you also get a free upgrade to the latest version of the drivers at the time of repair. Not quite the same as ZMF’s lifetime warranty, but that’s not transferable.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #1,865 of 7,335
As we as I know it’s the same - 3 years, which resets in the event of a driver failure. So if your drivers fail on 3 years you get another three years from the date of repair. In fact even if they fail out of warranty and you have to pay for a replacement, you then get a 3 year warranty from that date. That’s not bad at all I would say - considering you also get a free upgrade to the latest version of the drivers at the time of repair. Not quite the same as ZMF’s lifetime warranty, but that’s not transferable.

Yeah 3 years transferable would be great, but it is strange that it isn't listed anywhere. Still, driver failures are always a bit worrisome. I know for LCD-2F the cost was $450 for driver repair out of warranty. As used LCD-2s go for around that same price it usually doesn't make sense to get the repair done.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #1,866 of 7,335
Yeah 3 years transferable would be great, but it is strange that it isn't listed anywhere. Still, driver failures are always a bit worrisome. I know for LCD-2F the cost was $450 for driver repair out of warranty. As used LCD-2s go for around that same price it usually doesn't make sense to get the repair done.
I would say it does because your used LCD-2s could fail and then you’re out double the money. At least after repair you essentially have a “new” pair of LCDs under full warranty.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #1,867 of 7,335
Are these a step up or more of a side step from HD 650?
They’re a side step in the sense they’re a completely different type of sound. They have superior bass texture to the HD650 but they don’t have the treble refinement and mid range, vocal detail and emotion of the HD650. They’re both equally as resolving, I give the edge in detail to the HD650. They’re good compliments to each other.

Really enjoying my 2Cs this is what the 2016 model should’ve been.

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #1,869 of 7,335
I’m pretty new to all this, definitely not an audiophile but I do enjoy a decent set of speakers / headphones. Received mine a few days ago at vast expense here in NZ by the time I paid freight and tax, I wanted to listen to them for a few days before saying anything. Definitely not what I expected!! I thought they'd blow my mind but they do sound nice, I'm enjoying the amount of detail I'm getting from them, if that's the right word. Hearing things in my music I didn't hear before. Not too harsh treble which is great, decent bottom end but not overwhelming amounts of bass, as I said sounds nice. My HD600 really sound quite warm and mellow by comparison. I'm running them off a Bifrost (SD not multibit) and a Lyr 2. Changing the tubes for Mullard 6DJ8 I think it was, warmed the amp up with the HD600 but doesn't seem to have with the LCD as much. Does any of this make sense? As I say I'm not really versed in audiophile matters, when I was young I was the guy you'd hate with a car full of subs :)

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #1,870 of 7,335
What do the LCD3s get you for more than double the money compared to the Cs?
Probably an extra 10-15% refinement (depending on your sources) and a slightly different sound signature. For some people that’s worth $1000+. For others not so much.

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #1,871 of 7,335
I’m pretty new to all this, definitely not an audiophile but I do enjoy a decent set of speakers / headphones. Received mine a few days ago at vast expense here in NZ by the time I paid freight and tax, I wanted to listen to them for a few days before saying anything. Definitely not what I expected!! I thought they'd blow my mind but they do sound nice, I'm enjoying the amount of detail I'm getting from them, if that's the right word. Hearing things in my music I didn't hear before. Not too harsh treble which is great, decent bottom end but not overwhelming amounts of bass, as I said sounds nice. My HD600 really sound quite warm and mellow by comparison. I'm running them off a Bifrost (SD not multibit) and a Lyr 2. Changing the tubes for Mullard 6DJ8 I think it was, warmed the amp up with the HD600 but doesn't seem to have with the LCD as much. Does any of this make sense? As I say I'm not really versed in audiophile matters, when I was young I was the guy you'd hate with a car full of subs :)
Kia Ora @weta. No hate for the subs, you would have been welcome to hang out with our "Hawaiian Cruisers" gang. Thanks for the HD600 comparison as I have the similar HD6XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back