Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #544 of 7,334
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #546 of 7,334
Or Audeze asked him to hold the review for some reason...

It is possible that his findings are not in line with his expectations, and that he gave Audeze some time to study that and reply to it. These things happen...

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #547 of 7,334
It is possible that his findings are not in line with his expectations, and that he gave Audeze some time to study that and reply to it. These things happen...

He seemed to have positive impressions, based on the a few mentions regarding the LCD2C's in one of his other recent reviews.

I don't think I can remember the last time a 2-3 week wait felt longer than this.

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #548 of 7,334
I was told by Audeze that shipments will start "later this week"....whether that means tomorrow or Friday, I don't know. They seemed to be slammed with orders, so looks like the LCD2-C might be a hit - at least at the current pricing.

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #549 of 7,334
I was told by Audeze that shipments will start "later this week"....whether that means tomorrow or Friday, I don't know. They seemed to be slammed with orders, so looks like the LCD2-C might be a hit - at least at the current pricing.
Good news!! I just emailed them before I read this. Hope they respond the same way.

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #552 of 7,334
Not sure if anyone else has seen this. I didn't read through all 37 pages of this thread. I received a promotional email this morning from Audeze about the LCD-2C and one of the things that caught my attention was the line calling out "Remodeled Audio Jacks". It looks to me as if the inputs to the headphones are different from the previous generations. Of course you can't see anything in any of the pictures but it has trouble me for a while that the inputs look square on the headphones from the over head view. Anyone else see this?

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #553 of 7,334
Not sure if anyone else has seen this. I didn't read through all 37 pages of this thread. I received a promotional email this morning from Audeze about the LCD-2C and one of the things that caught my attention was the line calling out "Remodeled Audio Jacks". It looks to me as if the inputs to the headphones are different from the previous generations. Of course you can't see anything in any of the pictures but it has trouble me for a while that the inputs look square on the headphones from the over head view. Anyone else see this?
The inputs are still mini xlr, but the housing has just been remolded closer to the original LCD shape. A little more square, but molded with the rings

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #554 of 7,334
This
The inputs are still mini xlr, but the housing has just been remolded closer to the original LCD shape. A little more square, but molded with the rings
This must be the most mysterious blind-purchased headphone ever. Nothing other than a photo and some bullet points online. Granted it has the LCD-2 legacy as a ‘carrot’ but it’s very clever minimalist marketing and demand generation by Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back