1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last
  1. meringo
    I owned the LCD-2F for about a year, after spending a lot of time in shops and at meetups with the 600 series (and even briefly owning the 660S.) I guess I just disagree with your conclusions. They are very different to my ears.

2. Muinarc
    I agree, they do not sound that similar at all.

3. gearofwar
    Ok maybe i wasn't that clear, the one I mentioned should be the Non-fazor because that's what I have heard is similar to HD650. The Fazor is more on neutral side.

4. tamleo
    hmm IMO while hd6xx and LCD2 (pre-faz) have a warm sound, I mean the quantity of the bass is a little more than the 2 other ranges. But they are very different on how to produce the sound. The LCD2 sounds far more naturally. I owned both. The hd6xx is always somewwhat thick and "monochrome"

5. gearofwar
    I see now , thanks for the info. Still it's not what I remember

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  6. wazzupi
    They have comepletely different sound signatures I've owned my hd650s for 4 years and i preordered the lcd2c i don't know which version I heard because it was at a hifi store but they let me bring my tube amp and listen for as long as i wanted i actually kinda wish I had the money at the time to purchase them from the store.

7. LaCuffia
    I like the LCD-2 (current version) more than the 660S. One area that the LCD-2 is clearly superior is in the bass. It's just deeper, tighter, more controlled. Audeze has always been praised for great low end, and now I see why.

8. meringo
    My biggest audio mistake was selling my LCD2F (what I think is the current version) Hopefully the Classic I have on order will be even better!

9. meringo
    On a separate note, I've been looking around for a good stand that will support the new suspension design on the LCD2C.

I ended up ordering the AudioQuest Perch:
    https://imgur.com/RsLhuGl

10. gearofwar
    Do you regret selling the Andromeda?

11. meringo
    Not at all! They were good but so are my other IEMs. Since fit didn't work out, it was an easy one to give up.

12. gearofwar
    If you found the LCD2F perfect, this one might or might not work out . The non-fazor has diffused imaging, less focus and less details but it's warmer and has more impact. The people in this non-fazor camp prefer the signature over technicality.
    I am basically hooked to this deal because they finally fix the weight of this thing.

13. LaCuffia
    It seems, however, that the LCD2-C will likely not have the exact same characteristics as the original since they are using the current driver design but without the Fazor system. Whether that translates into something better remains to be seen, but I would expect technical ability to improve while at the same time retaining the overall tone of the original. At least that's probably what they intended to achieve.

14. gearofwar
    I checked out the impression of this guy on Reddit who actually tried it at Canjam. He said it's exactly the same as his LCD2.2. There is a little hope in me that it will be better than the original but thats slim chance.

15. Autostart
    For those that aren't happy with the LCD-2C I'm thinking about parting ways with my 1 year old LCD-2. Then you'll have both to compare :)

First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last