Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #571 of 7,334
It seems you have never even listened to both to conclude such. Despite being planar and dynamic , the point here is that they sound SIMILAR that's why alot of people have been going back to HD650 from LCD2

I owned the LCD-2F for about a year, after spending a lot of time in shops and at meetups with the 600 series (and even briefly owning the 660S.) I guess I just disagree with your conclusions. They are very different to my ears.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #573 of 7,334
I owned the LCD-2F for about a year, after spending a lot of time in shops and at meetups with the 600 series (and even briefly owning the 660S.) I guess I just disagree with your conclusions. They are very different to my ears.
Ok maybe i wasn't that clear, the one I mentioned should be the Non-fazor because that's what I have heard is similar to HD650. The Fazor is more on neutral side.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #574 of 7,334
It seems you have never even listened to both to conclude such. Despite being planar and dynamic , the point here is that they sound SIMILAR that's why alot of people have been going back to HD650 from LCD2
hmm IMO while hd6xx and LCD2 (pre-faz) have a warm sound, I mean the quantity of the bass is a little more than the 2 other ranges. But they are very different on how to produce the sound. The LCD2 sounds far more naturally. I owned both. The hd6xx is always somewwhat thick and "monochrome"

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #575 of 7,334
hmm IMO while hd6xx and LCD2 (pre-faz) have a warm sound, I mean the quantity of the bass is a little more than the 2 other ranges. But they are very different on how to produce the sound. The LCD2 sounds far more naturally. I owned both. The hd6xx is always somewwhat thick and "monochrome"
I see now , thanks for the info. Still it's not what I remember

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #576 of 7,334
Ok maybe i wasn't that clear, the one I mentioned should be the Non-fazor because that's what I have heard is similar to HD650. The Fazor is more on neutral side.
They have comepletely different sound signatures I've owned my hd650s for 4 years and i preordered the lcd2c i don't know which version I heard because it was at a hifi store but they let me bring my tube amp and listen for as long as i wanted i actually kinda wish I had the money at the time to purchase them from the store.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #577 of 7,334
I like the LCD-2 (current version) more than the 660S. One area that the LCD-2 is clearly superior is in the bass. It's just deeper, tighter, more controlled. Audeze has always been praised for great low end, and now I see why.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #578 of 7,334
I like the LCD-2 (current version) more than the 660S. One area that the LCD-2 is clearly superior is in the bass. It's just deeper, tighter, more controlled. Audeze has always been praised for great low end, and now I see why.

My biggest audio mistake was selling my LCD2F (what I think is the current version) Hopefully the Classic I have on order will be even better!

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #580 of 7,334
My biggest audio mistake was selling my LCD2F (what I think is the current version) Hopefully the Classic I have on order will be even better!
Do you regret selling the Andromeda?

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #581 of 7,334
Not at all! They were good but so are my other IEMs. Since fit didn't work out, it was an easy one to give up.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #582 of 7,334
Not at all! They were good but so are my other IEMs. Since fit didn't work out, it was an easy one to give up.
If you found the LCD2F perfect, this one might or might not work out . The non-fazor has diffused imaging, less focus and less details but it's warmer and has more impact. The people in this non-fazor camp prefer the signature over technicality.
I am basically hooked to this deal because they finally fix the weight of this thing.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #583 of 7,334
It seems, however, that the LCD2-C will likely not have the exact same characteristics as the original since they are using the current driver design but without the Fazor system. Whether that translates into something better remains to be seen, but I would expect technical ability to improve while at the same time retaining the overall tone of the original. At least that's probably what they intended to achieve.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #584 of 7,334
It seems, however, that the LCD2-C will likely not have the exact same characteristics as the original since they are using the current driver design but without the Fazor system. Whether that translates into something better remains to be seen, but I would expect technical ability to improve while at the same time retaining the overall tone of the original. At least that's probably what they intended to achieve.
I checked out the impression of this guy on Reddit who actually tried it at Canjam. He said it's exactly the same as his LCD2.2. There is a little hope in me that it will be better than the original but thats slim chance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back