Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #511 of 7,334
My F5 key gets worn out....

I know. I've been waiting for that JBL boomerang picture to change.

He posted on the third most recent article (last Friday) that he'd have it up by next Friday. It's already been next Friday. Unless, he meant this coming Friday. As you can see, I've put some thought into it.

No pressure, Tyll.

Dec 10, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #514 of 7,334
I want an unicorn LCD-2 but is impossible to find due to the massive unit to unit variation of the Pre Fazor Audezes (that's the reason of the "unicorn" name).
If the new one is close to the unicorns, I'll buy one ASAP, something like that has been on my "want one even if I have to wrestle a whale" list for years.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #518 of 7,334
I do not know guys :upside_down: I had in past this beauty LCD2rev1 one of the first versions. I loved them but the sound was really too much dark, was not easy to find good synergy for it. So why someone would want as that warm headphone, I think present versions would have better overall tuning, actually would be sad if not. But just my opinion. 8196382_l.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #519 of 7,334
I do not know guys :upside_down: I had in past this beauty LCD2rev1 one of the first versions. I loved them but the sound was really too much dark, was not easy to find good synergy for it. So why someone would want as that warm headphone, I think present versions would have better overall tuning, actually would be sad if not. But just my opinion.
So your vote would go toward trying out the Classics for a more refined tune? I'm torn here, lol.

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #520 of 7,334
No classic is classic people evidently call for it :grinning: but many people here say "what if it will not be the same as previous becouse of newer driver....", I think if it will be (a little) less warm it will be sure better.

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #522 of 7,334
My guess is that it won't sound the same as the original LCD-2, as the implementation of new technology and design, even without the Fazor system, will result in a slightly different (and perhaps better) tuning.

Any idea of when this will ship? Mid-December is this Friday. I

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #523 of 7,334
My guess is that it won't sound the same as the original LCD-2, as the implementation of new technology and design, even without the Fazor system, will result in a slightly different (and perhaps better) tuning.

So maybe this will bring a little of the best of both worlds in terms of warmth and clarity? That would be pretty compelling.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #524 of 7,334
They should. I've asked for that on my order.
I tried asking for the same thing over the weekend. They responded they won't ship with a requested balanced cable anymore due to the the recent cable upgrades made to the LCD line. I'm not sure if you had a different response, but there reasoning was that their data showed only a small fraction of their userbase uses balanced, and their upgraded cables increase the durability, performance , and reliability. So anyone take that as they will.

Dec 11, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #525 of 7,334

"This week", according to their Twitter.

Of course, I went with ground shipping, so I'll be a few days behind everyone else. Because, you know, $600 for headphones is fine, but that extra $15 for shipping is just robbery. :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back