1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286
288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297
Next

Last
  1. BrotherKathos
    Pairing is another factor though. The 400i with my Asgard 2 is actually pretty good. Not really peaky at all and has a much better low end compared to my EL amp. The EL amp is a bad pairing with the 400i, and the hd6xx is better with the El amp and not as good with the Asgard 2. This is just my taste though. The Hd6xx is just too grainy and hazy with the asgard, but the 400i is clean and smooth. I actually would be able to live with this pair even without eq. I'm just wondering what would be smooth and warm with the Focal. Maybe the THX? For some reason I think the Asgard 2 is out. It seems to only pair great with planars. Both th LCD2C and 400i work best with the Asgard 2 imo. But the Hd6xx and LCD2C both sound great on the THX. So does the 400i with thx, but not as good as Asgard without eq.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    omniweltall likes this.
  2. endlesswaves
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am using a Norne Draught 3 with my LCD2C. My LCX is better on balanced. So I am not too sure how much difference it made. But I needed a balanced cable so why not.

Mind if I suggest the Mojo for mobile application. That's what the store manager of the shop I pre-ordered the LCD2C recommended. If you like to fiddle with EQ, Lootoo PAW that uses parametric EQ and it has enough power to drive most headphones.

3. tracyrick
    Okay, this makes a lot of sense. I can see how the 6xx is more laid back and even smoother so maybe less fatiguing. I'll try using the 6xx instead of LCD when I'm working for multiple hours and just want background music. Maybe I'll find value in the 6xx that way. Thanks for the feedback.

4. andrewdvd
    Has anyone tried an ifi XDSD or a FIIO Q5 (with perhaps the AM5 amp module) on the LCD2C? that would be for portable use.

also I am tossing up a Burson Play or ifi Micro for home use, anyone compared?

thanks

5. BrotherKathos
    I just noticed this when looking at the schiit website. I think my guess that planars are the headphones of choice on the asgard 2 is pretty spot on. Even schiit has a pic of the asgard hooked up to a pair of hifiman planars in their product pic. This must also be why i liked the lcd2c so much with the asgard 2 as well. Synergy people, Synergy.

upload_2019-1-6_15-53-2.jpeg

From schiit asgard 2 site. Notice the hifimans in the background.

6. joeydgraffix
    I thought for a bit that the LCD2C’s stock cable was balanced. I was thinking about the Mojo but the only thing is the power is much lower than the iFi. I might be wrong on this but I think I saw that at 70ohms the Mojo puts 200mw, the iFi 1.2w and the XDUOO puts out 500mw at 32 ohms but I hvae no idea what its putting out at 70ohms.

I do like to just boost the bass a bit to give it a nice rumble and so that I don’t have to push my volume as high (especially since I think the highs are already bright). Plus some Fiio DAP’s have those effects to widen the soundstage a bit which I love. I’ve read that the Sennheisers have a super wide soundstage but it comes at the price of having thin sound. I’ve never heard of Lootoo Daps so I’ll have to check them out.

7. JTori
    Listening to my LCD2Cs this evening and came to the following realization: Seeking to reposition the phones on my ears some, I noticed that by relieving some of the headband pressure (that is, pressure on the earcups) the tonal balance and bass impact was improved. Has anyone else noticed this?

Joe.

8. endlesswaves
    Best to try it out yourself. We all hear differently.

I was a basshead too. Maybe still am but appreciate layered and clean bass more. My experience with previous FIIO DAPs was not too satisfactory. I am using Sony WM1A now and that stopped my upgraditis for DAPS. Maybe you can try WM1A too. LCD2C with WM1A balanced is not bad. No as good as my LCX but not too bad.

This hobby is like an adventure. Lot's of things to try out and find out what suits you and hopefully without burning a big hole in your wallet. Cheers.

9. omniweltall
    I haven't tried the Asgard yet. But I'm with you on synergy.

10. BrotherKathos
    It actually makes the 400i a pretty nice headphone imo. I hate peaky treble and the asgard smooths that out and actually gives the 400i a much better low end as well. It does not turn them into a lcd2c mind you, but does make them sound more like a planar version of the hd6xx which is pretty good imo. Asgard does need a warm up though. I’d always give it an hour or so to get toasty before listening, or 30 min at minimum. Its does get HOT though. Its like the whole thing is a heatsink, evn the pot lol.

11. omniweltall
    Asgard is full class A. With that kind of casing, not surprised it gets really hot.

12. nicknack40
    Anybody know please if the 60 day free trial is still on please for Roon with Audeze headphones i would like to try it with me LCD2-C. Since im a tidal sub user and i got a pi3 with IQAudio digi plus DAC connected to my Dali kubic one id be intrested in this

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  13. tracyrick
    Has anyone confirmed if either of these cases fit LCD2C? The Amazon one looks nice if the phones will fit in it. Maybe it will take up less room.

I also found a bigger Monoprice case that might be better than the one listed above...? Here's the link for that:
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12682

14. Brainiac9000
    The Audeze case measures at 13.5" x 12" x 7" and there is quite a bit of room left in the case as far as length, width, and depth when my LCD2 Classics are in there. So the Monoprice case that measures at 12” x 10” x 8” should be just fine.

15. joeydgraffix
    Have any of you that experienced headaches or any other bad symptoms with the LCD2-c’s gotten over them with time? I’m starting to really like these headphones but after 15 mins I get headaches an d my ears seem to hurt from the pressure.

First

Back
277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286
288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297
Next

Last