Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #3,991 of 7,334
Let me reconfirm one more time, mate. Just to be sure I ain't sleepy and misread.

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-A5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01M3RG33C

You guys are saying the above dac/amp has the same SQ as the below dac/amp.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...6-66-Set-IDAC-6-Decoder-IHA6/32689952134.html

Are the Cayin stack that bad? Or the other way around?

PS: Wow, the Cayin has dropped again in price. It is USD665 each now.
I am not saying this. I am just as shocked as you are.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #3,992 of 7,334
I am not saying this. I am just as shocked as you are.
Aah I see. I thought you were reconfirming his opinion.

Anyway, I am not a fan of Fiio products. And I haven't tried the Cayin stacks.

It is actually a blessing for him. This hobby is like a curse. It is better not to detect differences and be happy with what we have.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #3,993 of 7,334
Aah I see. I thought you were reconfirming his opinion.

Anyway, I am not a fan of Fiio products. And I haven't tried the Cayin stacks.

It is actually a blessing for him. This hobby is like a curse. It is better not to detect differences and be happy with what we have.
That's what I meant.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,994 of 7,334
Hi!
All links are correct.

Are the Cayin stack that bad? Or the other way around?
I'm not saying that Cayin is bad - I like overall sound.
I'm just saying that Fiio stack (I purchased player + amp for 900$) are the same level to my ears at Cayin stack (1400$ in my local shops).
I like both, but if I already have Fiio and like it - why to spent more?

Questyle 400i - is cheaper than my Fiio stack. I like 400i too - but again - it is the same level (maybe with slightly different sound signature).
In overall I have spent about 5 hrs. in sound shop auditioning all I mentioned above. So my thoughts based on this my experience.

At this moment I just want to try (not necessarily buy) thing that will be in a level more than my current setup. (And of course it should be real for me in terms of money - this is also important).
:)

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #3,995 of 7,334
Hi!
All links are correct.

I'm not saying that Cayin is bad - I like overall sound.
I'm just saying that Fiio stack (I purchased player + amp for 900$) are the same level to my ears at Cayin stack (1400$ in my local shops).

Questyle 400i - is cheaper than my Fiio stack. I like 400i too - but again - it is the same level (maybe with slightly different sound signature).
In overall I have spent about 5 hrs. in sound shop auditioning all I mentioned above. So my thoughts based on this my experience.

At this moment I just want to try (not necessarily buy) thing that will be in a level more than my current setup. (And of course it should be real for me in terms of money - this is also important).
:)
There are very good mid-priced amps at the moment. I notice they have taken quite a significant attention away from other mainstream amps.

Check out Cavalli Platinum and THX AAA 789. Now I have never heard them. But great ears say they are really good. Giant-killers in a way. If you don't have access to the Massdrop amp, maybe check out the Platinum.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #3,996 of 7,334
My algorithm is following:
1) Read a lot of forums/reviews. Read opinions of other more experienced people in this area.
2) Form short list from things that available in local shops.
3) Try things in person.
4) If I very-very like it. If I want to buy - buy it.

I have not had mood of "I very-very like it. If I want to buy - buy it." with Questyle 400i / Cayin stack.
But they are nice too - they are also good.
So maybe it is my internal perception is not giving them higher score than Fiio (my stack still costs about 900$ it is not so cheap)... But still - I do not see a reason to spent money on them at the current stage.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,997 of 7,334
Check out Cavalli Platinum and THX AAA 789. Now I have never heard them. But great ears say they are really good. Giant-killers in a way. If you don't have access to the Massdrop amp, maybe check out the Platinum.
Thanks for the advice. But as I mentioned Monoprice products (and this amp) are not available in my city...

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #3,998 of 7,334
Thanks for the advice. But as I mentioned Monoprice products (and this amp) are not available in my city...
Have you tried the balanced output of the 400i? It is quite an improvement compared to its single output.
Hi!
That's the key here. Enjoy exploring and buy only what you really feel is an improvement. You are lucky you can try quite a lot of amps.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #4,000 of 7,334
I will also share one of the clips that I very very like :)
This LCD2c headphones are just designed for music like this :)
No need to think about different sound characteristics... Just feel the energy, emotions and power!
Will sound good on any headphones - but with LCD2c this music is just awesome!

Within Temptation - Ice Queen

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #4,001 of 7,334
I will also share one of the clips that I very very like :)
This LCD2c headphones are just designed for music like this :)
No need to think about different sound characteristics... Just feel the energy, emotions and power!
Will sound good on any headphones - but with LCD2c this music is just awesome!

Within Temptation - Ice Queen

Haha agreed. It accentuates the impact and energy.

Dec 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #4,002 of 7,334
I contacted Audeze about if burn in is needed for the LCD2C...and, if so, for how many hrs.
in both instances i got a reply stating they already preburn them in when in the factory.

''They have already been burnt in in the factory. It should be ready to go.''

nothing like going directly to the source for info.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #4,004 of 7,334
I contacted Audeze about if burn in is needed for the LCD2C...and, if so, for how many hrs.
in both instances i got a reply stating they already preburn them in when in the factory.

''They have already been burnt in in the factory. It should be ready to go.''

nothing like going directly to the source for info.

That's hard to believe. All unnatural sibilance that was present initially is gone, also the bass is more defined (after 50+ hours of burn in). I wonder how many hours @Audeze burned them for....

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #4,005 of 7,334

Users who are viewing this thread

Back