1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last
  1. Tsukuyomi
    Violectric makes FANTASTIC amps and dac amps. The only reason i sold mine was because i wanted something different to try. Im going to be ordering an RME ADI-2 DAC unit. Then, ordering a pair of LCD2Cs to plug into that directly. Ive heard the LCDX and they sound great but, i have yet to try the lcd2c and from what i can tell, people say its very good. I cant really drop cash on the X as theyre a bit over my budget. But the LCD2C fit in my budget. Has anyone tried the RME unit ive mentioned with the lcd2c?

2. BrotherKathos
    lts funny you mentioned the adi 2 dac. Thats also on my short list. One of the only reasons i’ve not picked it up is that before when i was almost going to get it i noticed guitar center had it listed as non returnable. That was a bit of a put off in case i did not like it, and others had it listed for $100 more. Let me know what you think. I like the idea of including the dsp and eq since if given the option i’ll usually crank down treble on my setup unless using the hd6xx or the mimby eitr lcd2c stack, but even sometimes i’d like to have some eq with that as well. All my dacs that use akm chips are the ones i prefer more unmolested so another point in the rme’s favor.

Tsukuyomi likes this.
  3. Tsukuyomi
    For sure, i'm hoping to go to the shop sometime this week and placing an order for it. when i called the guy told me they're one of the few official retailers of RME in my city. so if there are any issues to bring back the unit and they'll see if they can repair, if not i'll get a new one. its around 1,599$ in my city (montreal canada).

4. BrotherKathos
    $1599 is up there. Its on sale online at adorama camera right now for $999. Not sure if they ship to canada though. Its $1099 from sweetwater and guitar center. I’m still sitting in the fence and cant’t decide if i want to get the rme or a schiit gungir multibit. Rme gets you alot more features for the money, but i do like my mimby compared to similar priced d/s dacs i have for pure sound quality and presentation. Its a dilemma.

Tsukuyomi likes this.
  5. Tsukuyomi
    I was also tempted to go for Mjolnir + Gungnir combo as it seemed to fit well, however i thought it would be too much, and i might rather sit with the RME ADI-2 DAC because it gives more control and a smaller footprint also, a tiny bit less expensive haha.

6. BrotherKathos
    I think he dsp and eq coupled with the akm dacs will make the rme a real jack of all trades. It should work well with the lcd2c as far as power goes since I really liked the asgard 2 with my lcd2c and that has less power than the rme. very much looking forward to your impressions.

Tsukuyomi likes this.
  7. Tsukuyomi
    it might be a while, because after buying the RME i'll be limping a bit until i've paid it off completely before buying the LCD2C :p not to mention i also want a new closed back to replace my P7. i'm thinking of getting the Focal Elegia.

8. chimney189
    Can anyone recommend an AMP that works well with BOTH the LCD-2C and HD 800S?

9. Slim1970
    Your Burson amps, don’t? I had the Burson Conductor V2+ and really liked the unit with both head phones. With that said, the Pro iCan has better dynamics, is more transparent and has XBass+. When turned on adds in the missing subbass on 800S and makes them fuller sounding.

10. chimney189
    They do, but I guess a bit more warmth for the HD 800S would be nice.. although then I bet it would sound nearly the same as the HD 650. :p

11. Slim1970
    Right, lol. The HD800S's are just so opening sounding that it's hard to change the sound signature. The LCD-2C's are naturally warm sounding and I guess that's the difference. I find the Burson amps to have a warm sound signature to them that works very well with brighter headphones. But I guess in your case it's still not warm enough for your HD800S's.:dt880smile:

12. canali
    hey gang...my lcd2c cans arrived...

a few questions, please...
    -how long to burn these in?i'm using a pink noise mid volume....
    -also i see the cable has a blue and red stripe near the insert...guess it doesn't
    matter if i plug it into either left or right labelled cups?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  13. omniweltall
    Red to right cup.....blue to left cup.

No need to burn in with white pink yellow or green noise, mate. Just plug that bad boy and enjoy immediately

What dac/amp r u using, mate?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    displayname likes this.
  14. CAMSHAFT
    The were to my liking after 50 hours of my largest playlist (music). Most notably the highs settled down and the bass came forward.

15. metal571
    Still really enjoy my pair of these. If I wasn't still reviewing, the HD 800 would have been sold a long time ago. Gets almost no head time now

chimney189 and omniweltall like this.
First

Back
255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264
266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last