1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last
  1. omniweltall
    I cant live without my hd800!

2. metal571
    Yeah a lot of people can't. The soundstage and resolution advantage in the treble definitely keeps my attention as well, but the wild amount of EQ I have to apply to that thing to make it listenable for me just seems ridiculous. So many people like them as-is though.

3. omniweltall
    Stock hd800 is cold, dry, thin and trebly. No emotion. No attachment with the music. Perhaps good for classical? I dont know. Dont listen to classical.

Anyway, to me, hd800 main weakness is in macro dynamic. Thats where the 2C comes in with its macho sound.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. metal571
    I've always felt like the strict diffuse field tuning some of the German brands are so addicted to was meant for classical and very carefully recorded jazz and nothing else. Modern music sounds like treble stabs on that stuff lol

omniweltall likes this.
  5. omniweltall
    Haha yeah I agree. Needs a lot of fixing. I would throw stock hd800 out the window.

6. canali
    thanks...just a chord mojo rght now ...looking at upgrading in a few months:
    cavelli liquid platinum or other...still reviewing dacs and amps.
    i use mostly digital (roon/tidal) so i guess i'll have to consider usb or spdif

7. omniweltall
    Heard good things about the Liquid Platinum. .

We're lucky. This is a good time for us audiophiles. There are quite a few good mid-priced amps that came out. A lot of them have more than plenty of juice for planars (Lyr 3, Platinum, LCD-X, THX 789). In the past, those amps would probably be sold for over $1000.

Enjoy.

endlesswaves and canali like this.
  8. chimney189
    I'm actually considering selling my HD 800S since I've bought the LCD-2C.

9. Andrey2019
    Hi All! :)

Recently I have bought LCD2c and like them a lot! Now after reading a lot of information from this and other threads on this forum decided to join the discussion.
    Now I have following audio setup:
    FiioX7 mark 2 > Fiio A5 > Audeze LCD2classic

Bought it this autumn. And quite like how everything sounds.
    But after reading this thread I have some new thoughts. A lot of people saying that if I will upgrade Fiio A5 amp with more expensive amp in this chain I will have much more quality from it.

I have listened several $500 amps in store and I think everything sound pretty much the same as my current setup:
    Matrix HPA-3B (420$)
    Nuprime HPA9 (600$)
    Questyle CMA400i (700$) amp/dac
    HiFiman EF100 (300$)

Also spent 2 hours listening CAYIN iHA-6 (700$) / in balanced and regular mode + Cayin iDAC-6 (700$) - and as for me it is still in the same sound quality range that my current setup is.

So now I have opinion that amps with price about 500$ and my current setup have similar quality. So I do not see a sense to buy something from things that I listed above...

My question is: which amps (my budget is: 1000$ +/- $300) should I try to significantly increase sound quality from FiioX7 mark 2 and Audeze LCD2classic?

Products from companies Monoprice, Burson Audio, Schiit not available in my city. (I need to try product before buying it, so it needs to be on sale in local store).
    Same with Massdrop products - I will not be able to listen them before buying.

@betula , I have read a lot of your posts regarding LCD2c about your experience - and now I really want to try Questyle CMA-600i that you mentioned :)
    Maybe you could also suggest other amps that I could try?
    And also I will be glad if anyone will share experience with me and advice on this topic.
    Thanks! :)

My current short list to try is:
    Questyle CMA-600i (1300$ local price)
    Audio-GD NFB-1AMP (600$ local price)

10. betula
    I bought my 600i secondhand. I would hesitate to pay full retail price. I did buy an external DAC though (2Qute) as I wasn't completely happy with Questyle's built in DAC. The amp section is wonderful IMO.
    It is important to note however that balanced output sounds significantly better on Questyle amps vs the single ended output.

It is good if you can try the amps before purchase. This way you can avoid disappointment and find something to your liking.

Good luck with your search, I am pretty sure you'll get tons of suggestions soon.

I would also say, if you are happy with your current setup don't rush with your upgrade.

11. canali
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

good imput from cavelli and others on the liquid platinum measurements and powersupply tips etc here:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mon...-by-alex-cavalli.876406/page-54#post-14642407

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    betula likes this.
  12. omniweltall
    Same quality as Fiio A5?? I haven't tried the Cayin stack or the Fiio, but I find it very shocking.

13. betula
    Indeed. And the same as the Questyle 400i. Andrey2019 might be lucky and save a lot of money staying happy with the A5 instead of any further purchases.

14. omniweltall
    Let me reconfirm one more time, mate. Just to be sure I ain't sleepy and misread.

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-A5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01M3RG33C

You guys are saying the above dac/amp has the same SQ as the below dac/amp.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...6-66-Set-IDAC-6-Decoder-IHA6/32689952134.html

Are the Cayin stack that bad? Or the other way around?

PS: Wow, the Cayin has dropped again in price. It is USD665 each now.

15. betula
    I am not saying this. I am just as shocked as you are.

omniweltall likes this.
First

Back
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last