Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #3,196 of 7,334
It clearly said fazors unders specs in audeze site? I am also very temped by the closed. Though the lcd x vs lcd xc i prefered the X open some reason it sounded more natural and no resonance?
Yes it says fazors on Audeze website under its specs.
Over-ear, closed-back
Transducer type Planar magnetic
Magnetic structure Proprietary magnet array
Phase management FAZOR
Magnet type Neodymium N50
Diaphragm type Ultra-thin
Transducer size 106 mm
Maximum power handling 15W
Maximum SPL >130dB
Frequency response 10Hz – 50kHz
THD <0.1% @ 100dB
Impedance 70 ohms
Sensitivity 97dB/1mw (at Drum Reference Point)
Minimum power requirement >100mW
Recommended power level 1 - 4W

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #3,198 of 7,334
I returned the LCD 2C after three days here in the UK - £599 INC tax.

Pro’s:
Incredible extended base.
Ear cuffs very comfortable.
Nice cable.

Con’s:
Treble not as smooth as HD650, HD660S and very far from Nighthawks.
Poor resolution in treble compared to HD660S and Nighthawks.
Imaging is rubbish compared to Nighthawks and HD660s is Also better.
Weight is issue for 2hour listening periods. 540grams.
Price is too high for a headphone with such compromises in treble vs the competition.
Reveal plug in onky available for certain software and not all devices.

Audeze should have put the LCD3 diaphragm into this headphone. We should expect more.
My Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphone has more resolving treble and smoothness.
A mechanical change should have been implemented instead of the Reveal plug in. Cost cutting.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3,199 of 7,334
Audeze should have put the LCD3 diaphragm into this headphone. We should expect more.
Or you could just buy the LCD-3. Last I checked it was still available :wink:

Alternatively there are likely other headphones with better treble in this price range. The Elear and Elex come to mind. But then I do like my treble smooth and slightly rolled off.

That said, good luck finding a headphone with LCD-2 build, bass and mids AND the treble you’re after at this price. Something’s always got to give, unless you’re willing to spend.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #3,201 of 7,334
Lol Tyle from innerfidelity seemed to really like this headphone and had very good recommendations to go for it.

This further more pushes me to go with zmf ori!

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3,203 of 7,334
I returned the LCD 2C after three days here in the UK - £599 INC tax.

Pro’s:
Incredible extended base.
Ear cuffs very comfortable.
Nice cable.

Con’s:
Treble not as smooth as HD650, HD660S and very far from Nighthawks.
Poor resolution in treble compared to HD660S and Nighthawks.
Imaging is rubbish compared to Nighthawks and HD660s is Also better.
Weight is issue for 2hour listening periods. 540grams.
Price is too high for a headphone with such compromises in treble vs the competition.
Reveal plug in onky available for certain software and not all devices.

My Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphone has more resolving treble and smoothness.
A mechanical change should have been implemented instead of the Reveal plug in. Cost cutting.
I wonder what amp/DAC you used with the 2C. They really improve with better source. IMO the treble of the 2C is definitely better than the Nighthawks and on level with the HD650s using quality source. (I have no experience with the 660s. And I do love the Nighthawks.)

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #3,204 of 7,334
I wonder what amp/DAC you used with the 2C. They really improve with better source. IMO the treble of the 2C is definitely better than the Nighthawks and on level with the HD650s using quality source. (I have no experience with the 660s. And I do love the Nighthawks.)

I used the Chord Mojo. What do you recommend to drive the LCD 2C?

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #3,205 of 7,334

I'm using my LCD2C's with a Chord Mojo and I think it sounds fantastic! My only other experience with planar magnetic is the Isine20's and they also pair well with the Mojo. The bass on the lcd2c is deep, tight with lots of authority. I personally don't like super bright highs and upper mids and they are silky and very well defined and non-fatiguing. Overall I'm absolutely satisfied, just wish the Mojo wasn't battery powered. I'm in the market for a desktop amp/dac for longer listening sessions/gaming.

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #3,206 of 7,334
I'm using my LCD2C's with a Chord Mojo and I think it sounds fantastic! My only other experience with planar magnetic is the Isine20's and they also pair well with the Mojo. The bass on the lcd2c is deep, tight with lots of authority. I personally don't like super bright highs and upper mids and they are silky and very well defined and non-fatiguing. Overall I'm absolutely satisfied, just wish the Mojo wasn't battery powered. I'm in the market for a desktop amp/dac for longer listening sessions/gaming.

Perhaps Chord might launch a model up from the Mojo as a desktop DAC/AMP - tomorrow at Canjam London.
They are announcing a new product tomorrow.

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #3,207 of 7,334
Mojo is great, but there is better. I did use a Mojo initially with my 2C but they hugely improve with full size desktop gear. My CMA600i gave the 2C a fuller sound with more body and authority, especially in the bass and treble. The 2qute further improved the sound with clarity, tightness and instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back