Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #2,461 of 7,334
Thanks, that is very helpful! Hp3 does definetly look very apealing. I have a zmf atticus on the way, so i hope they live up to my expectations. I just kinda want a headphone with amazing sub bass (that also does amazingly with edm), to compliment the atticus. I do wonder who has the best bass slam of hp3 and atticus in edm tho. Any experience with trance in particular, on the mentioned cans?

I actually have an Atticus on the way, so I will update this thread (if I remember to) with my impressions. But from what I read, the Atticus mid bass hits just as hard (if not harder) than the HP-3, but less sub bass extension and less detail on the high end.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,462 of 7,334
Compared the 2Cs soundstage to the 6XXs for a couple hours late last night trying to go in with no confirmation bias, I don't know what you're listening on that would make them sound "far" wider than the 6XXs @chef8489 but that's not my impression at all. They're pretty close, with the 2Cs slightly edging them out but the 6XXs sound a tad more airy. I reiterate, these headphones do not have a super wide soundstage at least on my source. That's pretty much the consensus too, including Tyll calling them "less spacious than average" & Grizzly saying he "[doesn't] think the Audeze LCD2C has the best soundstage out there by any stretch."

Any word on how well lcd 2c does different sub generes of edm? I keep seeing different opinions on it. Some says the amazing planar sub bass rumble make them very good, while other say they lack punch etc, and are better suited for other generes.
It depends on the the type of bass those sub genres use. If they have stellar sub-bass then look no further. If they use more mid-bass then yes you'll lack that same slam that you get further down low. These are not bass cannon cans. They're about quality of bass rather than quantity.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #2,463 of 7,334
I actually have an Atticus on the way, so I will update this thread (if I remember to) with my impressions. But from what I read, the Atticus mid bass hits just as hard (if not harder) than the HP-3, but less sub bass extension and less detail on the high end.
That is my impressions as well, but i bet the bass slam of hp3 is pretty different from the one in atticus. Would love to try them both. It isn't good with too much detail/extention in the treble for edm imo, as that will sometimes intensify sharp anoying details. This makes me turn down the volume, and removes focus from the impactful nature of the song,.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,464 of 7,334
My guess is that the Atticus impact around 80-120 hz is a bit more "thump" than the HP3 due to its fully closed back nature (not that the Hp3 lacks in that department...like I said I actually had to EQ down 80hz by about 2 db). Anything below 80hz the HP-3 will probably shred it.

I have no idea how far away my Atticus is, but I'm definitely wanting to get them on so I can compare the bass. I've been told by many people that the HP3 are EDM kings, but I'm hoping the superior mids of the Atticus mean that they'll excel at Rock/Metal/Vocals. A lot of hiphop is nuts with the 20-40 hz sub bass so I am worried that Atticus may not play nice there.

Luckily, one pair is for work and one is for home so I won't have to choose one to use mostly!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #2,465 of 7,334
Compared the 2Cs soundstage to the 6XXs for a couple hours late last night trying to go in with no confirmation bias, I don't know what you're listening on that would make them sound "far" wider than the 6XXs @chef8489 but that's not my impression at all. They're pretty close, with the 2Cs slightly edging them out but the 6XXs sound a tad more airy. I reiterate, these headphones do not have a super wide soundstage at least on my source. That's pretty much the consensus too, including Tyll calling them "less spacious than average" & Grizzly saying he "[doesn't] think the Audeze LCD2C has the best soundstage out there by any stretch."

It depends on the the type of bass those sub genres use. If they have stellar sub-bass then look no further. If they use more mid-bass then yes you'll lack that same slam that you get further down low. These are not bass cannon cans. They're about quality of bass rather than quantity.
I do not thing the lcd2c has the best soundstage out there by any streach. I just dont think it has the worst. I do think the hd650 and hd600 has one of the most claustrophobic soundstages there is in mid priced headphones. As i use different tubes with my lcd2c my soundstage widens especially with classical and acoustic blues and jazz.. With my hd650 this did not happen. Yes with other genres it is quite dependent on how it is recorded.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,467 of 7,334
I read one poster mentioned bass sounded boosted by pulling driver further from ears (breaking pads seal) which I agree and like it, bass sounded much better and deeper this way. This might be able to be replicated by changing thicker pads that give further distance between ears and drivers.
What's your thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back