Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #2,177 of 7,334
I think the stock cable is fine. Has a nice weight to it, no memory and seems well made. Of all the headphones I've had recently, it's one of the few that I haven't felt the need to immediately replace.

I read somewhere that the stock cable for the LCD2-C is not the best? Anyone can recommend a cheap/ very low cost cable that is actually really good?

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,178 of 7,334
I think the stock cable is fine. Has a nice weight to it, no memory and seems well made. Of all the headphones I've had recently, it's one of the few that I haven't felt the need to immediately replace.

Have you tried another cable though? I usually have to listen for a while before judging one cables superiority over another one but in this case it was quite obvious within a minute. The supplied cable is pretty bad, even beyond the point of subjectivity imo. I even went back to it after hearing how much better the 2c sounded with my other cables. It still was pretty bad. Passable? Yes, but they are not letting the 2C be all it can be.
I suppose ones equipment may be a limiting factor if not hearing the difference but you never know with this hobby.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,180 of 7,334
Have you tried another cable though? I usually have to listen for a while before judging one cables superiority over another one but in this case it was quite obvious within a minute. The supplied cable is pretty bad, even beyond the point of subjectivity imo. I even went back to it after hearing how much better the 2c sounded with my other cables. It still was pretty bad. Passable? Yes, but they are not letting the 2C be all it can be.
I suppose ones equipment may be a limiting factor if not hearing the difference but you never know with this hobby.
If the cable is bad, may you please post a link of the cable you are currently using?

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,181 of 7,334
If the cable is bad, may you please post a link of the cable you are currently using?

To clarify, by bad I simply mean it sounds bad, otherwise nothing wrong with it. ( Difficulty in disconnecting from 2c connectors also)
I used a $100.00 Chinese silver coated cable, basic Cardas cable and the stock cable that came with my lcd-4 . All were superior , especially in bass department and midrange, than the 2c cable. I would say use any respectable cable out there over the stock one.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #2,182 of 7,334
Great review. Did he say the LCD-2C cups are actually ABS plastic, or did I misread that!? I thought they were metal. I also thought the LCD-2C drivers were the same as those in the latest fazors, but again according to this review they’re not. For a headphone that’s been out for a fair while now we still know surprisingly little about it.
They're not metal, but I'm pretty sure they're not ABS either. IIRC, they're a glass fiber reinforced nylon, kinda like the HD800.
I believe the paint itself has a metallic element to it that makes it feel like metal. It's very convincing.

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #2,183 of 7,334
Setting the crappy stock cable issue aside, after 3 days of listening to the 2C with different cable, they continue to impress. I can listen for hours on end without fatigue both audibly and physically. Well done Audeze and I’d say well worth the price even at its current $799.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,189 of 7,334
Awesome, thank you.

Anyone have a chance to try the 2C out with the new 2C Reveal settings? Excited to try it out this weekend.

I hated the reveal settings. Can't tell with some genres, but they absolutely made metal and rock sound awful. Hollowed out and warbly? I can't explain it, but not a fan.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #2,190 of 7,334
It's weird, I've really been going back and forth on this. For classical orchestral music I think I like them, but then sometimes they sound kind of rough oddly enough.

I hated the reveal settings. Can't tell with some genres, but they absolutely made metal and rock sound awful. Hollowed out and warbly? I can't explain it, but not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back