Audeze LCD-2 Rev2, Audeze LCD-3 RMA and Sennheiser HD800 compared...
Jul 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #91 of 121
Quote:
The WA22 walked all over the LF for me.  Others have had better luck but the one I had was dry, not terribly focused or resolving and just overall passive sounding.  Of the 5? amps compared it was the worst and most expensive.  And the case work was just brutal not to mention ugle as sin.  So um ya not a fan :D

The WA22 and B22 were pretty similar and share the same fault... they're both a little rounded on edge and tilted towards the bottom giving them both a dark character in comparison to neutral or even natural.  But in this case the fault isn't a show stopper and the asking price is fair given the other qualities and case work.

I'm just hoping the Peak isn't also under built because I'm selling my drum kit and won't need another bell.  Inside joke that might make sense if you search long enough :D

So did you get the HD800s yet? 
popcorn.gif
 Talk about a total mess up by Canada Post.

As another data point regarding amps...Solude's WA22 was my WA22 (with my favourite LCD-2/3 complimentary of tubes) and while it was amazing with my LCD-3s, my opinion is that the Liquid Fire with a quad of Siemens E88CC tubes is no doubt the better amp in every way (except for looks of course as the WA22 is on sexy amp). 

FWIW, I own both the LCD-3s and HD800s and both are my top 2 favourite headphones. That said, I prefer the LCD-3s and end up listening to them more often. If you listen to classical music, I'd recommend the HD800s, if you listen to rock/metal, I'd go LCD-3s.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #92 of 121
Quote:
Dark is not a word I would associate with the B22.

It's noticeably dark in the lower treble / upper mids, compared to something like the Dynalo, Dynahi, and even the Peak. I'd say the Beta's a bit smoother and darker than the M^3 even.

Quote:
As another data point regarding amps...Solude's WA22 was my WA22 (with my favourite LCD-2/3 complimentary of tubes) and while it was amazing with my LCD-3s, my opinion is that the Liquid Fire with a quad of Siemens E88CC tubes is no doubt the better amp in every way (except for looks of course as the WA22 is on sexy amp). 

I can imagine that tube rolling has a substantial effect on the sound, especially with 4 of them. I bet your LF sounds different (better?) than Solude's. I'm assuming he had stock tubes?

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #93 of 121
Quote:

It's noticeably dark in the lower treble / upper mids, compared to something like the Dynalo, Dynahi, and even the Peak. I'd say the Beta's a bit smoother and darker than the M^3 even.

I can imagine that tube rolling has a substantial effect on the sound, especially with 4 of them. I bet your LF sounds different (better?) than Solude's. I'm assuming he had stock tubes?

It sounded better with the Gold Lions too. Tube rolling wasn't that substantial, but that said the LF has never sounded better than with the Siemens tubes. Other tubes I've tried are the stock JJ (adequate), Gold Lions (good), Mullard CV2492 (really good) and the Siemens (best to my ears). But the LF is fantastic with any of these tubes (less so with the JJs though).

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #94 of 121
SoupRKnowva, I agree with your assessment of the Stax SR 009s. They are Stax headphones. Of course they are amazing. Stax's headphones are always amazing. Like a pair of Quads for your head. Can't go wrong with a pair of Stax headphones. I had a pair of SR Lamda Pros in the mid eighties that were absolutely stunning and at the same time unforgiving. They detailed like no other and did not forgive bad recording technique. I am looking forward to my new pair of SR507s which are on the way. You can't go wrong with Stax products. EarHead1

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #95 of 121
The LF I had ran 4 GoldLions.  Oh and it substituted in the bell position on my drum kit.  Best $3200 bell ever :p

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #96 of 121
Quote:
SoupRKnowva, I agree with your assessment of the Stax SR 009s. They are Stax headphones. Of course they are amazing. Stax's headphones are always amazing. Like a pair of Quads for your head. Can't go wrong with a pair of Stax headphones. I had a pair of SR Lamda Pros in the mid eighties that were absolutely stunning and at the same time unforgiving. They detailed like no other and did not forgive bad recording technique. I am looking forward to my new pair of SR507s which are on the way. You can't go wrong with Stax products. EarHead1

I guess you havent really read my opinions of the 009s then...cause while i do love the SR-009s, i think they're the best headphone ive ever heard. I have on the other hand, never liked a pair of stax till i heard the 009s. they are the first stax i would ever even think about purchasing

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #97 of 121
Sorry guys still no Senn :frowning2:  I will call CanadaPost tomorrow to see what is going on.  My Peak has been released by customs and is on route.  Doubt before the weekend, but fingers crossed.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #98 of 121
CanadaPost has been called and gasp a note has been added that I'd like my package /facepalm  Guess who I'll be calling again soon.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #99 of 121
CanadaPost has been called and gasp a note has been added that I'd like my package /facepalm  Guess who I'll be calling again soon.

Canada Post seems to have something against HD800s as I bought a pair awhile back and without going into the grisly details I ended up getting them about two months later. I had already got a refund from the seller and moved on to a pair of T1s in the meantime. I ended up loving the T1 so I guess it all worked out . I try not to get too worked up over shipping issues now since it can really drive a person mad. I am sure you will have better luck than me. :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #100 of 121
Shipped on the 20th so getting up there in time.  They reached one day away from here by the 24th and since then have been bouncing from East to West.  Guess Jan's writing is hard to read :p

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #101 of 121
Quote:
Shipped on the 20th so getting up there in time.  They reached one day away from here by the 24th and since then have been bouncing from East to West.  Guess Jan's writing is hard to read :p

I ordered mine via Long and McQuade when they had them priced lower than anyone else. Only took about a week.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #102 of 121
Well they entered Canada super fast, but have been going from Quebec to British Columbia and back since.  Currently sitting in Richmond BC which I think might be closer to Germany than Ottawa /facepalm  It was funny for a while, now not so much.  Not sure if its CanadaPost or some DHL information hand off mess up.

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #103 of 121
Quote:
Well they entered Canada super fast, but have been going from Quebec to British Columbia and back since.  Currently sitting in Richmond BC which I think might be closer to Germany than Ottawa /facepalm  It was funny for a while, now not so much.  Not sure if its CanadaPost or some DHL information hand off mess up.

Normally, when I receive something that goes through Quebec via Canada Post, it usually takes a bit longer, but certainly nothing compared to this. Mississauga seems to be pretty fast.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #105 of 121
Another lovely conversation with CanadaPost later... nothing.  Actually thats not true.  I need to get DHL Germany to ask whats happening and get it escalated /facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back