Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Sep 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #18,121 of 18,459
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #18,122 of 18,459
I tried and tried and I still cannot believe my ears. I still prefer the SR71A.

But for the SR71B, I am only using the balanced to mini connector (in addition to the mini to normal headphone Grado adaptor) for the LCD2 at the moment so it is not really quite "balanced" although it is hooked up to the connector. Used the same connector from the Fostex HP-P1 line out to the SR71B's balanced input .

It looks like I will have to actually wait for the LCD2 awg 22 cable for the SR71B to come to do any fair comparison between the SR71A and SR71B

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #18,123 of 18,459
Just listening to the mono recording of "Cheek to Cheek" from Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald. from the album "Ella and Louis". Absolutely amazing recording and shines big time on the LCD2 Rev and the SR71A with Fostex HP-P1 combo.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #18,124 of 18,459
I thought this thread was locked?
confused.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #18,126 of 18,459
This thread should be locked open. :)

Anyway: Has anyone trided the LCD-2s on a speaker amp? Either direct cabled to the speaker terminals, or via an impedance box.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #18,127 of 18,459
I tried the LCD-2 out of the 45 wpc speaker amp that so impresses me with my HE-6 and was disappointed that it didn't scale up with more power, I prefer it out of my WA22.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #18,128 of 18,459
Thanks. That confirms some of the research I have done (HE-6 scales well, and LCD-2 is not that picky when it comes to power). 

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #18,129 of 18,459

Quote:
Just listening to the mono recording of "Cheek to Cheek" from Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald. from the album "Ella and Louis". Absolutely amazing recording and shines big time on the LCD2 Rev and the SR71A with Fostex HP-P1 combo.

Those Louis and Ella albums, when properly mastered, are amazing on any set of headphones. The juxtaposition of each voice just melds into such musical sweetness that you can't help but smile, sit back and enjoy.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #18,130 of 18,459
Woah!

Great!

We have this time consuming, jack-of-all-trades thread back :)

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #18,131 of 18,459
Received my Audeze LCD-2 Rev.2 a week ago,i'm verry impressed with them as i should be because this is my first 'high-end' pair off HP.
I'm driving them with a Burson Audio-HA-160D and Moon Audio Silver Dragon V.3 HP cable and must say that the sound is really out of this world.
The bass goes really deep and controlled,the mids and highs are really defined.
I scanned my frequency chart that came with the HP:

As far as wearing the HP goes,they are verry tight on my head.Clamp like and it hurts my jawline wearing them after an hour or so.
Maybe they have to settle in for a while,someone can confirm this??
Overall i really love them apart the verry tight feeling i get from them,but hey i only got them for a week now.
I hope it will get better with time when i will be wearing them a lot,i strecthed the headband a bit i.ts a little better now but still...

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #18,132 of 18,459

Quote:
As far as wearing the HP goes,they are verry tight on my head.Clamp like and it hurts my jawline wearing them after an hour or so.
Maybe they have to settle in for a while,someone can confirm this??
Overall i really love them apart the verry tight feeling i get from them,but hey i only got them for a week now.
I hope it will get better with time when i will be wearing them a lot,i strecthed the headband a bit i.ts a little better now but still...

They will most likely loosen up with time but I stretched my headband (Rev.1 non leather) and that really helped.

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #18,133 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks. That confirms some of the research I have done (HE-6 scales well, and LCD-2 is not that picky when it comes to power). 

Actually, not what I find. I tried my pair on a Mcintosh 6100 speaker amp. It sounds very impressive out of the headphone out which (according to the schematic diagram) is in the same line as the speaker terminals so it should be the same. 

I enjoyed the more power to the LCD-2's very much. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #18,134 of 18,459
So I saw Tyll's post comparing the new pads versus the old pads, and my pads definitely look like the old pads on the right (I ordered my LCD-2s in mid-January of this year).  Thinking that I had the old pads, I ordered a new set of pads from Audeze.  However, the new pair I received looks identical to the pair I already have.  I thought the new pads were significantly thicker, with a more sharply-angled slope from the part of the pad that touches the back ear to the part that touches the front ear.  The outer edge of the new pads in Tyll's picture also appears to be straight, while the old pads have a rounded edge.  Even the finish and stitching of the new pads in the pictures appear different.

Did Audeze send me the wrong pads, or do I actually have the new ones?  Here are pics of my current pads alongside one of the new pads:

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #18,135 of 18,459
That's not the new pads, as far as I can see from the pictures. They seem too inflated. Maybe Audez'e sent you the pads that "should fit" your s/n?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back