Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #15,976 of 18,459

Quote:
Yes, the LCD2 lacks bass depth or extension when compared with all other better IEMs or headphones I have (take a look at m signature block). Even the T5p, which has very little impact, has deeper bass than the LCD2. My LCD2 is driven from the Leben CS300XS or Stepdance. Reminds me of the SE530 which also has a similar bass character. I wouldn't care less though, the LCD's mid range is too good to give up. And that's why I am definitely keeping the Rev 1.

Having also had the T5p, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That thing had awful bass.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #15,977 of 18,459
There is a fundamental difference between the "loudness" of bass and how deep the bass goes. The T5p has awful bass, I agree - the quantity of bass the T5p produces is grossly insufficient.

Quote:
Having also had the T5p, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #15,978 of 18,459
thanks for the input guys.. Im not really a treble crazy guy, I have a senn HD580, M50 and the SM3, all of which are not trble oriented headphones and i love them very much, sadly I decided to let go of the M50 to buy the rev 1 LCD..

so there it goes, Ive decided to get the rev 1 LCD.. cant wait for it to arrive lol :)

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #15,979 of 18,459
Congratz dude. I believe you have made a wise choice. The Rev 1s (and the classic) are what made the LCD2 the LCD2s .

Quote:
thanks for the input guys.. Im not really a treble crazy guy, I have a senn HD580, M50 and the SM3, all of which are not trble oriented headphones and i love them very much, sadly I decided to let go of the M50 to buy the rev 1 LCD..

so there it goes, Ive decided to get the rev 1 LCD.. cant wait for it to arrive lol :)

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #15,980 of 18,459

Quote:
There is a fundamental difference between the "loudness" of bass and how deep the bass goes. The T5p has awful bass, I agree - the quantity of bass the T5p produces is grossly insufficient.

Yea I get that you mean the T5p extends more, but there was barely bass there to begin with, let alone the deepest sub bass. I suppose FR graphs may show the T5p does extend further, but that matters little when it can't be heard.

Quote:

Congrats, hope they do for you what they did for me!

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #15,982 of 18,459
This is just for fun as a balance to text elaborations, but the graphic represents what I perceive.

Regardsless of source / amp and having all three cans, I find the differences between the LCD-2 (rev.1), LCD-2 (rev. 2) and the HE-500 like this:

- The LCD-2s are both more articulated than the HE-500, which smoothen things out a bit compared to the LCD-2s
- The rev. 2s leaves an impression that each sound / tone have more playroom within the sound stage

Disclaimer: The presentation is an exaggerate in order to convey differences

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #15,983 of 18,459

Quote:
This is just for fun as a balance to text elaborations, but the graphic represents what I perceive.

Regardsless of source / amp and having all three cans, I find the differences between the LCD-2 (rev.1), LCD-2 (rev. 2) and the HE-500 like this:

- The LCD-2s are both more articulated than the HE-500, which smoothen things out a bit compared to the LCD-2s
- The rev. 2s leaves an impression that each sound / tone have more playroom within the sound stage

Loevhagen what is your front end source?  I'm curious.  Also what do the three dots represents and why are they offset like that?  Are those modeled heads facing forwards?  

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #15,984 of 18,459

Quote:

So based on the response of about 3 or 4 replies in this thread you choose the R.1 over the R.2?

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #15,986 of 18,459
Chain: Source is lossless files on Mac in 64-bit boot mode running the Decibel audio player. Dac is Hegel HD10 DAC and amp is V200. When I use the Burson 160D i use USB from the Mac. I marginally prefer the Hegel/Violectric combo to the Burson. However, the Burson have something I find appealing, though (i.e. less neutral DAC than the Hegel).

The three dots are simply a representation of instrument / vocal placed within the soundstage. Their placement (offset) does not represent anything in this context, it is the size & contours that are the significant thing. Head facing front.

Quote:
Loevhagen what is your front end source?  I'm curious.  Also what do the three dots represents and why are they offset like that?  Are those modeled heads facing forwards?  

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #15,987 of 18,459
I think some people here confound recessed treble with treble extension. Recessed treble means there is less amplitude (-dB) on high frequencies. If a headphones lacks treble extension it means that it goes 0dB at let's say 19kHz. Neither rev1 or rev2 LCD2's lacks treble extension since they both extend to frequencies you wouldn't be able to hear. There's a significant amount of people that thinks its recessed, meaning they could benefit from more amplitude in the HF area...

And googleli what do you mean by "they lack bass depth" ? it goes flat down to 10Hz where you can't hear it (human ear average = 20hz-20000hz), it just can't be more extended than it already is...
ph34r.gif

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #15,990 of 18,459

Quote:
There is a fundamental difference between the "loudness" of bass and how deep the bass goes.

Quote:
Googleli, I'm not trying to be unfriendly but, you do realize this statement could be a little insulting to some people.

He's just talking about bass impact vs. bass extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back