Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #15,211 of 18,459

Quote:
Seriously?  On a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being sausage and 5 being broccoli, where do you put corn?

LOL
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #15,213 of 18,459
Just finished pimping out my LCD-2s....new headband and new earpads (mine had the older/thinner pads from last year).

The plastic blocks on the headband were a little undersized for my gimble to fit it....needed the power drill to open things up slightly. Went pretty easily after that though.

Right off the bat, they do seem more comfortable on my head with the new leather headband and earpads. The sound staging seemed to have opened a little too....likely due to the distance of the drivers to my ears.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #15,214 of 18,459
The pads look weird.

Quote:
Just finished pimping out my LCD-2s....new headband and new earpads (mine had the older/thinner pads from last year).

The plastic blocks on the headband were a little undersized for my gimble to fit it....needed the power drill to open things up slightly. Went pretty easily after that though.

Right off the bat, they do seem more comfortable on my head with the new leather headband and earpads. The sound staging seemed to have opened a little too....likely due to the distance of the drivers to my ears.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #15,217 of 18,459
The newer pads are a whole lot bigger compared to the ones from last year. But they are more comfortable and I do hear a wider sound stage with them. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them and the new leather headband.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #15,218 of 18,459
I am so completely happy with my LCD 2 Rev 2s that I have not looked at this thread in three weeks and may not post for a long time as I am completely satisfied with my setup and just listening to music now instead of reading these blogs. BTW I like the leather head band better as it seems to support the phones better from the top.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #15,219 of 18,459

Quote:
Seriously?  On a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being sausage and 5 being broccoli, where do you put corn?

LOL!  Succotash!  

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #15,220 of 18,459
Just for curiosity's sake, when I ordered the LCD-2 2 weeks ago, the order was numbered 1xx (between 100 and 199). Does that number represent something. I doubt they sold less than 200 pair of LCD-2s.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #15,221 of 18,459

Quote:
I do think I understand your question, but I'm not going to make this assessment until I get the Rev 2 on one of my more reference rigs.  Again, so far it has been limited to Spotify Premium-->MacBook Air-->Fostex HP-A3-->LCD-2 Rev 2.

I can say rather confidently, though, that the Rev 2 is the way to go for me (versus the Rev 1).

popcorn.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #15,222 of 18,459

Quote:
If one enjoys their HPs one night, I find it difficult to comprehend how that enjoyment can be diminished the next day by the release of an "upgraded" HP. I have a rev.1 and have no desire to listen to a rev.2.

Quote:

I wasnt satisfied completely by the rev1. That doesnt mean I didnt enjoy them. I just found certain things lacking that the rev2 fixed a little.

You never upgrade anything that you enjoy? A car, clothes, a wife, nothing? It is not a hard concept to upgrade to something you deem better. It doesnt mean that the old still isnt enjoyable. It just means that the new has something better that I was looking for to make it even more enjoyable.

Perhaps my use of the word "enjoy" was slightly ambiguous, satisfied would have fitted better, but I guess you knew that already.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #15,223 of 18,459
A call to both R1 and R2 owners. Do you have any Trentemoller music?

If not...

Trentemøller – The Last Resort

The bass, which is fantastic on R1s, does feel a tiny bit bloated at times. Would be interested to hear differences with the R2s.

Track 4 - Always Something Better. If you're impatient, skip to 3:05 :¬)

Your opinion(s) would be very much appreciated.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #15,224 of 18,459

Quote:

If not...

The bass, which is fantastic on R1s, does feel a tiny bit bloated at times. Would be interested to hear differences with the R2s.

Just a thought...  If the bass on a particular track or album sounds a tiny bit bloated, but other albums don't, have you ever considered the possibility that it might be the album or track in question, and not the headphones?

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #15,225 of 18,459
i WANTED to help. but the link doesnt work for me sorry man

Quote:

If not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back