Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 11, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #14,206 of 18,459

Quote:
Have you considered the Music Angel XD-800. Check it out. :)

I'll have to give a look.  Price seems right  . i'll most likely be using it with a small pair of Mirage speakers I own. I'm not going back into speaker full steam again. Just going to set up something small.  Otherwise I have to go all out the other way.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #14,207 of 18,459
Quote:
Hm. I have a (vague) feeling you´re right.

I guess we´re all cavemen (aka collectors), so if I decie to collect headphones; I´ll start with the LCD-x line.

If you have the opportunity to exchange, i.e. bought in June, there's really no reason to keep the R1s going from the (consistent) feedback thus far.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #14,208 of 18,459
I know..maybe I will exchange mine. But I wont upgrade for leather headband. it sounds like it's causing a few problems in comfort.

Quote:
If you have the opportunity to exchange, i.e. bought in June, there's really no reason to keep the R1s going from the (consistent) feedback thus far.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #14,210 of 18,459
6DE7 was the oldest tubes they got right? I will try out 6DF7 as skylab mentioned. and also that new 6EM7

Quote:
Quote:

I believe they had 6DE7 tubes.  I'm obviously not an r.1 fan--YMMV.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #14,214 of 18,459
I'm not sure why adding the leather headband option to brand new LCD2s adds $10 to the shipping quote.  Audez'e truly has some moronic shipping charges.  Also, the only option I see in the shipping quote calculator is UPS 2nd Day Air.  Are there more options when you actually check out?

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #14,216 of 18,459
How can I tell if my headphones have the new driver?  The blog posts says they started shipping them mid June.  If I purchased mine on June 29, do I definitely have a r2 driver?

Email Audez'e with the serial number of your LCD-2s and they will tell you which version you have. You should have the revised drivers of course but to be sure just drop them an email. :D

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #14,218 of 18,459

Quote:
Email Audez'e with the serial number of your LCD-2s and they will tell you which version you have. You should have the revised drivers of course but to be sure just drop them an email.
biggrin.gif

Awesome thanks.  I'd hate to have to ship these back so hopefully I have the new one

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #14,220 of 18,459
lol how hard did you bend it? i've already pushed quite hard and it goes back to the normal fit (with the pressure) after awhile.  just to clarify one last time, you bent the sides outward right? do you not feel more pressure in front of your ears as opposed to the back?

Quote:
Yes I bent it a little right below the logo so the middle of the band lays flat and not just touching your head in the middel in one place.Now it lays across the top of my head and touches on all points and fits well. I would say inside is just a strip of metal as wide as where it connects at the blockes the metal inside is not as wide as the original band. But the leather inself is.As far as it being pernament that is something you will have to decide for your self. I have no reason to bend it back once I have it the way I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back