Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #13,801 of 18,459
Revision 2's?

No...Rev.1's with Red Wine Audio's new Balanced 'Audeze Edition' Headphone dac/amp.

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #13,803 of 18,459

Quote:
I am freaking out here - this is hamster hotel/// 

Yeah, why not take a cooler animal, let's say a MF LION for example

Lion Can DANCE -2
ph34r.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #13,805 of 18,459
I'll see your Lion and raise you a Grizzly!

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #13,809 of 18,459
Quote:
Please, can someone explain to me the hamster!  Its going over my head and I cannot compute What hamsters have in relation to this particular headphone.

confused.gif

The secret hamster/Audez'e conspiracy was revealed about 20 (?) some pages ago.  The only way to fully understand it it to read the entire thread from the first post and look for the elements of the "Hamster Code"
that Audez'e have planted randomly throughout.  Only then will you truly understand (or curl up into the fetal position in a dark corner).  It's easier if you just go listen to your LCD-2s, and forget these references ever happened. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I did not say this...I am not here...
-HK sends

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #13,811 of 18,459
So we are saying that having a pair of Audez'e LCD-2 is like wild kingdom or a small cage with lettuce, water, a wheel and droppings?

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #13,812 of 18,459
Quote:
So we are saying that having a pair of Audez'e LCD-2 is like wild kingdom or a small cage with lettuce, water, a wheel and droppings?

More like...if you have the Audez'e LCD-2s you would be content living in a small cage with lettuce, water, a wheel and droppings.  Don't forget those cool plastic tunnels too!

...and these:

I am no longer in control of my keyboard...
-HK sends

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #13,815 of 18,459
Quote:
HI All,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while. I got the new rev 2s today and after a brief A/B with the old rev 1s.....Im sending the rev 1s back for an upgrade.

For those who expected HD 800 type treble and simblance from the rev 2. No its not like that at all. Its still got the nice LCD sound.

The way I would describe it is like a thin veil was lifted from the mids and highs with an with added crispness. Listening to Eva Cassidy and her guitar, it seemed like her vocals moved forward slightly and the guitar work seemed tighter. The bass too got a tad tighter. 

As others have mentioned....the word better focus best describes the new sound.

I used a centrance dacmini out to a Lyr. 

Welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry about your wallet!  Yes, that's exactly how I would describe it!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back