Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #13,486 of 18,459
Quote:
Can somebody tell me what does this mean? It means MOAR bass? or LEZZ?

As I interpret it, it means impact is more succinct, ie even more well defined, improved extension means it can reach even further into sub-bass.  More succinct bass coupled with better defined and pronounced highs might give the impression of less overall bass presence--relative to the previous LCD-2s.  Given all of Audez'e's announcements I believe we're talking nuances here.  That's how I interpret it.  So take this as a FWIW obviously.  

Just wait for a couple days.  Warrior Ant will tell first hand.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #13,487 of 18,459
Damn. that makes me want it. Actually I can exchange mine (bought in june) to the rev.2, I just havent got conviced enough since I hvnt seen any real comparsion.. . I am afraid that will be a huge mistake (although that's not very likely), cuz I really hate treble, bright highs, and sibilance so much!and I dun wanna hear less bass, even a tiny bit less.

Quote:
A little tighter and it goes a little lower. Both in a very good way

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #13,488 of 18,459
You have plenty of time to wait and see the reviews and a/b comparisons.There is almost always a trade-off. Whether or not it's significant or even noticeable will be determined in great detail within the next couple weeks.

I know what you mean, i actually fear treble. But I can say that you will be as happy, if not more so, with the bass in rev2

Quote:
Damn. that makes me want it. Actually I can exchange mine (bought in june) to the rev.2, I just havent got conviced enough since I hvnt seen any real comparsion.. . I am afraid that will be a huge mistake (although that's not very likely), cuz I really hate treble, bright highs, and sibilance so much!and I dun wanna hear less bass, even a tiny bit less.

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #13,489 of 18,459
I know what you mean, i actually fear treble.

Same here. The Rev1 is already reaching my limits. There's already sibilance in some vocals.

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #13,491 of 18,459
I haven't noticed sibilance at all. And I tried the rev2 with the most solid state sounding tube that i have and the LCD-2 smoothness is still apparent. 

Quote:
Same here. The Rev1 is already reaching my limits. There's already sibilance in some vocals.

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #13,492 of 18,459
Quote:
Way to go boys! 900 pages. Only 100 to go for immortality.

Keep up the good work!

Let's make each post quality, like Audez'e make headphones. 
o2smile.gif

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #13,494 of 18,459

Quote:
Whoa, those magnets are strong. Could really help you free up space on your hard drives 
eek.gif

I too have had mine close to my external drives and sitting atop my mac pro. I guess it's time rethink that. 
WA - Thanks for the vid repost, it was cool to see how this stuff works. I'm still upset he destroyed a perfectly good LCD-2 and HE though. 
wink_face.gif

I posted the magnetic field strength measurements for the LCD-2 a while back.

I tested the magnetic field around the LCD-2 the other day with a very sensitive 3D magnetometer.  Absolute value measurements were recorded and averaged as follows:

ambient- magnetometer in free space where the measurement was performed:

x 10.5 μT

y 41.5 μT 

z 25.5 μT

Magnetometer clamped between left and right earpads (where one's head would be.) 

x 614 μT

y 164 μT

z 120 μT

resolution +-1.0000 uT

For reference, I held a telephone receiver up to the side of magnetometer and the x axis measurement rose to over 200μT.  

A very weak refrigerator magnet held to the side measured 362 μT. 

We are not talking very strong magnetic fields here.  I don't have a Beyerdynamic T1 handy, but that would probably be interesting to measure.  They claim their magnet structure field strength is over 1T.  For you non math types, 1 μT = .000001 T

link to post:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/12690#post_7547823

Jul 7, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #13,497 of 18,459
I won't lie and say I understood half of that, but I gathered you're saying we're safe. The LCD-2's won't take out our disk drives. Cool. Now if I can just keep those hamsters from taking out my LCD-2's, all will be well.
wink.gif

Quote:
I posted the magnetic field strength measurements for the LCD-2 a while back.

I tested the magnetic field around the LCD-2 the other day with a very sensitive 3D magnetometer.  Absolute value measurements were recorded and averaged as follows:

ambient- magnetometer in free space where the measurement was performed:

x 10.5 μT

y 41.5 μT 

z 25.5 μT

Magnetometer clamped between left and right earpads (where one's head would be.) 

x 614 μT

y 164 μT

z 120 μT

resolution +-1.0000 uT

For reference, I held a telephone receiver up to the side of magnetometer and the x axis measurement rose to over 200μT.  

A very weak refrigerator magnet held to the side measured 362 μT. 

We are not talking very strong magnetic fields here.  I don't have a Beyerdynamic T1 handy, but that would probably be interesting to measure.  They claim their magnet structure field strength is over 1T.  For you non math types, 1 μT = .000001 T

link to post:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/453116/audeze-lcd-2-orthos/12690#post_7547823

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #13,498 of 18,459
I'm surprised no one has posted pics of their leather headband/new LCD-2s yet. I would imagine today would be the day they start arriving. Maybe once the work day is over :wink:

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #13,499 of 18,459
I did put up the graph on my Rev2s over the weekend

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #13,500 of 18,459
I think the first people who ordered are only getting them today or tomorrow.

Quote:
I'm surprised no one has posted pics of their leather headband/new LCD-2s yet. I would imagine today would be the day they start arriving. Maybe once the work day is over :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back