Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 6, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #13,381 of 18,459

Quote:
Really what good does the graph do?   It's a frequency chart of a sine wave. I'm not even going to look at mine.  I'd love to be able to use my mutant powers to go back in time and remove all the graphs people have and then see how the conversation about the LCD develops. Better to just put on the headphones to hear what's going and and leave the graph of a stupid sine wave alone.  Once you start to think that stupid graph has something to do with the Gestalt of your cans you might as well rip them from your head and toss them in the garbage?  Guaranteed you look at that graph and you'll always listen to your LCD with a certain perspective which will be haunted by the ridiculous plot thru the X and Y axis.    I'm not going to look at the graph. it's staying in the manilla envelope where it belongs. 

I think for most of us who may not get a chance or the privilege of listening to both the old and new versions of the LCD-2, it would be interesting to compare the graphs to see if there is a difference; afterall this is a fun hobby for most of us and anything that fuels discussions in forums makes it more interesting.  But agree with you that the graphs do not tell how they actually sound in reality.

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #13,382 of 18,459
Quote:
So u mean everything is the same? just more details in highs that's it? What abt the bass? still that "perfect" bass? If that's case, I dun see any point keeping my rev.1. Maybe have to wait 2 hear more comparisons.

Going by both the original Audeze post and Sankars message, I would assume that yes, the sonic signature is exactly the same. The differences being greater resoution in the treble, and improved 3D imagining/soundstage. All thanks to the performance of the thinner diaphragm.

I cannot comment on the bass, not having heard it, although I would assue it's the same, by looking at the frequency graphs. WA will be able to give more tomorrow :¬)

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #13,383 of 18,459
Yoga, good call on asking for a clarification.  Sankar's update renders 85% of the last 300-odd posts in this thread useless.  

I can't say I know what to make of Audez'e's descriptions of the signature thus far and at this point am just waiting for Warrior Ant's impressions, whose mutant powers are very reliable--it seems he was spot on about the FR graphs.

Actually, I remember Grokit posting something interesting about the FR of the new drivers and old drivers w/ new pads being almost identical.  

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #13,384 of 18,459
I'm in week 2 with mine. The bass and mids are the same if not better. The real question is whether some of the smooth laid back feeling of the original is gone with the intro greater treble extension. So far, to me, it appears that may be so. But I can't be sure since I used a darker laid back sounding amp with rev1. Again, THEY ARE STILL LCD-2. We are talking details, because details is part of the hobby. No one other than rev1 owners have anything to worry about since they will never know the difference. 

Quote:
So u mean everything is the same? just more details in highs that's it? What abt the bass? still that "perfect" bass? If that's case, I dun see any point keeping my rev.1. Maybe have to wait 2 hear more comparisons.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #13,385 of 18,459
This is what I mean. Last night I dreamt I stormed Audeze and demanded my rev1's back. I got them back and then thought, what about my rev2's? I need them! lol
Some of us might need to have both just to keep from going insane, haha. 
blink.gif
 Too late for me. Save yourselves! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
My subconscious has enough to do and gets its licks in every night by making me not only dream of but also clearly hear my beloved Martin Logan CLS II's that I sold. Something I regret now even in my sleep.  Man I wish that torture would end

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #13,386 of 18,459
alright then. Actually doing this comparsion won't be that necessary cuz rev.1 is gone forever. no matter how it sounds compared to rev.2 ppl cannot purchase that anymore.

Quote:
I'm in week 2 with mine. The bass and mids are the same if not better. The real question is whether some of the smooth laid back feeling of the original is gone with the intro greater treble extension. So far, to me, it appears that may be so. But I can't be sure since I used a darker laid back sounding amp with rev1. Again, THEY ARE STILL LCD-2. We are talking details, because details is part of the hobby. No one other than rev1 owners have anything to worry about since they will never know the difference. 

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #13,387 of 18,459
You know what is even more useless than speculation? Quoting from press releases and vendor emails like it's gospel. I too await WarriorAnt's test.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #13,388 of 18,459
But many are still in possession of them. What they do with them decides how many will be available in the used market. If they turn them in for upgrade, they will most likely be decommissioned. If they sell them, they'll at least still out there. 

But yes, Rev1 is gone forever. What we're trying to determine is whether that's a really bad thing, or no big deal. I for one hope it's the latter.

Quote:
alright then. Actually doing this comparsion won't be that necessary cuz rev.1 is gone forever. no matter how it sounds compared to rev.2 ppl cannot purchase that anymore.

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #13,391 of 18,459
Quote:
You know what is even more useless than speculation? Quoting from press releases and vendor emails like it's gospel. I too await WarriorAnt's test.

Quoting from someone who has a track record for great customer care/honesty is far from 'even more useless than speculation'.

These are the people who designed the LCD-2s. If they say the treble is not brighter, only more detailed, I'm inclined to believe them, as their audiophile target market would be the first to notice this as untrue and demand a refund and or/older model.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #13,392 of 18,459
I get it.  What I don't get is why every time a few of us who are interested in discussing it further you or someone that feels as you do keeps trying to stop us, and tell us we're bad for not accepting their word. It's not for you to say what the rest should think. That's why there's a scroll bar. You scroll to the post that interests you, and skip over those that don't. We are not bashing the company or trying to bring them down. The fact that anyone believes that would even be possible is preposterous.

Quote:

Quoting from someone who has a track record for great customer care/honesty is far from 'even more useless than speculation'.

These are the people who designed the LCD-2s. If they say the treble is not brighter, only more detailed, I'm inclined to believe them, as their audiophile target market would be the first to notice this as untrue and demand a refund and or/older model.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #13,393 of 18,459
As said the signature is probably the same and that's one reason it would be silly to call it LCD2. About the headband, I wonder how much it add further to the weight. LCD" are weighty as the are. The weight and clamping have almost conviced me to sell mine. Stretching the headband isn't enough. My head is relatively large for my overall body size, I'm like an Alien.

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #13,395 of 18,459

Quote:
Really what good does the graph do?   It's a frequency chart of a sine wave. I'm not even going to look at mine.  I'd love to be able to use my mutant powers to go back in time and remove all the graphs people have and then see how the conversation about the LCD develops. Better to just put on the headphones to hear what's going and and leave the graph of a stupid sine wave alone.  Once you start to think that stupid graph has something to do with the Gestalt of your cans you might as well rip them from your head and toss them in the garbage?  Guaranteed you look at that graph and you'll always listen to your LCD with a certain perspective which will be haunted by the ridiculous plot thru the X and Y axis.    I'm not going to look at the graph. it's staying in the manilla envelope where it belongs. 

beerchug.gif
   I think it's time we all post some pictures of our manila envelopes!  I took a look at my graph and was permanently scarred by the experience. That was back in September, 2010. I'm still taking medications to get through the day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back