Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
May 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #12,047 of 18,459

Quote:
That ox chair may be very comfortable but I can see that big horn headrest hitting full size headphones. 

I don't think it would be any more an issue as with any chair with a headrest.  The horn doesn't wrap to such a dramatic degree as  you may think without seeing it in scale to a person (below).   I listened to speakers while sitting in it, so couldn't say for certain as far as myself and headphones.  LCD-2's on my head would not touch a headrest that I leaned back against though - the back of my head keeps them away.  They may fall off if my head were tilted back enough though:

May 24, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #12,048 of 18,459

Quote:
I had a fault with my LCD-2. Although I bought it from ALO, due to their lack of response I called Audeze directly. I spoke to Sankar (from London), who went out of his way to help me resolve the problem quickly. 

I mention this because I believe they are stand-up guys, who will from my experience support their product and those who purchase it.

They dealt with my problem right away.

May 24, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #12,050 of 18,459
Gotta have that NASA magic, Zero-G or nothing baby. 

May 25, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #12,053 of 18,459
Alex just emailed me (sheesh that guy works all hours!) am sending my pair back on Friday hopefully so hopefully will have my repaired or replaced pair back in a couple of weeks, can't wait!

May 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #12,055 of 18,459
Hi guys.  I've just received a new pair of LCD2s and the earpads are significantly different then my old pair.  The leather is thinner, and it appears they angle a bit more toward the head.  I also found the sound a good bit quicker than my previous pair, and now think they're damn near spot on in terms of the treble response.

Does anyone know when the pads changed?

May 25, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #12,056 of 18,459
So how is this for service!
I woke this morning to an email from Alex saying that once I ship the headphones to him and give him the tracking number he will ship out a brand new pair as he knows i do not want to be without them for too long!
I am flabbergasted at the level of customer care they are showing. This goes above and beyond the call as far as I am concerned. To send out nearly a thousand dollars of kit even before they receive the old pair is outstanding service and I am honoured at the level of trust in me that they are showing.

Like I said at the beginning. i don't have a problem with things going wrong, that is life. It is how it is handled that is the issue and Alex and Shankar and Audeze get an A+ and 5 stars as far as I am concerned, thanks so much guys!

May 25, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #12,057 of 18,459
Not sure exactly when the change happened, but no doubt the new pads are different - I have a very early pair, and one last month, and the pads on the new ones are much more comfortable. They are puffier, and so while they look bigger, in the end I think they position the ear about the same place as the old ones, just more comfortably.

May 25, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #12,059 of 18,459
I didn't notice anything I thought was significant, although I did feel like the newer ones were, if anything, a little more transparent. 

May 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #12,060 of 18,459

Quote:
 I did feel like the newer ones were, if anything, a little more transparent. 

My first pair were quite early.  I wonder if the rolled off treble thing might be to some degree be old news.  It's possible the LCD2 is a bit quicker now and the impression of poor treble might currently be overstated as a result. 

Jus' sayin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back