Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Mar 31, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #10,637 of 18,459
having complete 2 months living with my LCD - 2 I have some conclusions:

I'm still in love as I was by the second week (more even)
They are NOT FOTM, as many early adopters can confirm.
I'm a audiophile since I was a little boy, as my friends had Walkmans I had a pure class A 30 w little amp (pass aleph 3) a not so common system for a 17 years old boy. As I upgrade my system, my friends went to my house with their cd's to know how different would a 20 k usd sounded like, many times not corresponding to their expectation. Many times I felt frustrated, and had to pull the audiophile CD, with some strange music to prove my point. And yes it sounded much better, but what the point having spent 20 k usd in a system, when 80 % of your records sounds crappy and you have to mold your taste to audiophile Cd's, and not to your favorite music preference ?

Well, all this to tell that one of more impressive characteristics of LCD - 2 IMO, is how bad recordings sounds good, and audiophile grade even better. how come I can hear a 128 bps crappy mp3, not heavenly grate, but acceptable sometimes even nicely? And that natural smooth sound, and reality feel that portrait...

I love them, not perfect, but they make my audiophile life easier

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #10,638 of 18,459
It was five days for me, I sent them an email and Alexander mentioned they were waiting for some components to arrive before they shipped.  Maybe they were short on wooden boxes? Who knows..

Quote:
Just a question for owners of LCD-2 who ordered directly through the company website. When you made your pay pal payment how long did it take for you to get a tracking number? I'm working on the fifth day from actual payment and starting to get nervous since I dropped a grizzle on set of headphones that I may never get. I contacted the company and just got an e-mail saying it was shipped yesterday but received no tracking number. I have asked for a tracking number but to no avail. Am I just being paranoid? Sorry for detracting from the thread but this is on thread that I knew would have people who have ordered from Audez'e before and would be able to help. Thanks and sorry.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #10,639 of 18,459

Quote:
Just a question for owners of LCD-2 who ordered directly through the company website. When you made your pay pal payment how long did it take for you to get a tracking number? I'm working on the fifth day from actual payment and starting to get nervous since I dropped a grizzle on set of headphones that I may never get. I contacted the company and just got an e-mail saying it was shipped yesterday but received no tracking number. I have asked for a tracking number but to no avail. Am I just being paranoid? Sorry for detracting from the thread but this is on thread that I knew would have people who have ordered from Audez'e before and would be able to help. Thanks and sorry.

I never got a tracking number. I paid on Friday and they just showed up the next Wednesday.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #10,640 of 18,459
I paid on Saturday and haven't heard a word. A fellow Aussie paid on the same day and got shipping confirmation.

Quote:

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #10,642 of 18,459

Quote:
I paid on Saturday and haven't heard a word. A fellow Aussie paid on the same day and got shipping confirmation. 

Paid last Saturday (march 26)...got shipping confirmation 3 days later (Tuesday march 29)...then Santa from Fedex decided to be proactive in delivering my LCD2 today (friday april 1st) as I'm not expecting this until next monday!...

So far after listening 30 min.... my first impression (non audiophile ears)is that this could be the best headphones/earphones/custom monitors I have ever heard..... Its hard to describe but its as if you're in the same room with the singer....every sounds coming from it just sounded right... intimate ... sense of 3D space....

Well done, Audeze! ... one magnificent headphone. So glad I pulled the trigger on this one... A definite keeper!...

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #10,647 of 18,459
I have to confirm what an earlier poster said: good music/scrappy recordings are still eminently enjoyable through the LCD-2s.  I've had the phones in the house for a week and I'm working my way through all kinds of recordings.  Right now: Richard and Linda Thompson's "Shoot out the Lights."  Fantastic.  Dipped into some early Aerosmith, completely listenable.  That's not a claim that many audiophile products can make.

These cans deliver.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #10,648 of 18,459
Shoot out the lights is one of my all-time favorites as well.  What a break-up album!  And yes, the LCD-2's deliver the raw emotional intensity of that very well.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #10,649 of 18,459
ptrok, be patient my friend, you should be receiving your tracking number soon. it took me 3 days to receive the desired code

You were right, got a message from Alex explaining everything to me. Since I am overseas with an APO address they had to send USPS which is something they usually don't do so it was harder to get a tracking number. My fears were unwarranted. I guess I have to learn to be more patient.

how long did you have to wait from pre-ordering until the please-pay-now notification came through!? just trying to get an estimate on current waiting times :)

cheers
chris

My wait time was about two weeks so it was faster than expected. I was actually expecting a month so I could get my finances in order but hey, got to roll with the punches.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #10,650 of 18,459
I think receiving no tracking is fairly common. It sucks not having tracking, but they will show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back