Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Feb 15, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #9,631 of 18,459
Anybody knows the approximate burn in time for the new ADZ-5 copper cable? I got mine coming in tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #9,634 of 18,459
Audez'e is now offering a choice of travel case instead of the traditional wooden box. (Check: http://www.audeze.com/2011/02/lcd-2-travel-case/). Looks to be a bit more practical than the wooden box, though not as classy.

What do you guys think, is it worth choosing the travel case instead when my LCD-2s are ready?

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #9,636 of 18,459

Quote:
Audez'e is now offering a choice of travel case instead of the traditional wooden box. (Check: http://www.audeze.com/2011/02/lcd-2-travel-case/). Looks to be a bit more practical than the wooden box, though not as classy.

What do you guys think, is it worth choosing the travel case instead when my LCD-2s are ready?

I think I'm going to ask to have mine shipped in the travel case. Simply because I live in the UK and have seen that Audeze don't secure the headphones in the wooden case. I wouldn't want mine to arrive damaged.

If you are going to use your phones out on location or travel with them frequently then the travel case is a sound option in my opinion. Of course it doesn't look as classy as the wooden box, but the phones are what matters most. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #9,637 of 18,459

Quote:

Damm..I wish I had read your post earlier. My LCD-2 is in transit as we speak. I would have requested for the plastic case if this was an option....what with carrying my LCD-2 being carried between recording sessions....lol....

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #9,638 of 18,459

Quote:
I think I'm going to ask to have mine shipped in the travel case. Simply because I live in the UK and have seen that Audeze don't secure the headphones in the wooden case. I wouldn't want mine to arrive damaged.

If you are going to use your phones out on location or travel with them frequently then the travel case is a sound option in my opinion. Of course it doesn't look as classy as the wooden box, but the phones are what matters most. 

I'm with you - I'm in the UK too and want mine coming over the water nice and snug. Plus they'll either be at home on their hook, or out travelling, in which case the plastic box looks like a great solution for keeping them safe and sound.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #9,640 of 18,459
Yup, the travel case looks like a winner!!

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #9,642 of 18,459
The wood box is nice but is too big. I would go with the travel case in the heart beat and wish I had the option when I bought mine as it is, IMO, much, much more practical. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #9,643 of 18,459
I would guess the right sized Pelican case or equivalent would be around the hundred USD mark, give or take.

Like the Pelican iM2100 or the 1400.

http://www.pelican-case.com/chart.html

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #9,644 of 18,459
got the payment email too. Even the waiting has been enjoyable
biggrin.gif
i can't stop thinking about it....

About the previous discussion on W/U/A, i read somewhere that the 50ohm impedance (or any "official" impedance on a datasheet) is at 1000Hz. So this would mean very little, what we would need is a full spectrum impedance graph since it changes with the frequency considered. That would also explain why powerful amping is recquired to get the full frequency range unveiled, maybe...

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #9,645 of 18,459

Quote:
got the payment email too. Even the waiting has been enjoyable
biggrin.gif
i can't stop thinking about it....

About the previous discussion on W/U/A, i read somewhere that the 50ohm impedance (or any "official" impedance on a datasheet) is at 1000Hz. So this would mean very little, what we would need is a full spectrum impedance graph since it changes with the frequency considered. That would also explain why powerful amping is recquired to get the full frequency range unveiled, maybe...

The full spectrum impedance is 50 ohms, flat like a ruler.  The cans are a non inductive load.  Purely resistive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back