Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Feb 10, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #9,421 of 18,459
Thanks for the comments Currawong and mrspeakers, I thought as much! I was beginning to think my post had been lost in the discussion about the new cable construction. I think my best bet is to join the queue and worry about what amp to buy when I can afford it/receive the LCD-2s.

I sent a quick email to the guys at Audeze but that was a few days ago and I just want a quick answer so I'll ask here as well - consider it a race?

• Does anyone know what happens if I need to pull out of the pre-order queue at any stage? Would I be penalized (somehow)?
  • Can anyone comment on how much postage was to Australia? Specifically (2550) NSW.
  • Am I correct in thinking the most current production models ship with the "A" on the grills?

Cheers.

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #9,422 of 18,459
There is no penalty, just be courteous and send them a note when they let you know a unit is available so they can schedule it for someone else...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #9,423 of 18,459
For question 2, I had a 85USD shipping fee via Fedex to Sydney just last month.

Quote:
Thanks for the comments Currawong and mrspeakers, I thought as much! I was beginning to think my post had been lost in the discussion about the new cable construction. I think my best bet is to join the queue and worry about what amp to buy when I can afford it/receive the LCD-2s.

I sent a quick email to the guys at Audeze but that was a few days ago and I just want a quick answer so I'll ask here as well - consider it a race?

• Does anyone know what happens if I need to pull out of the pre-order queue at any stage? Would I be penalized (somehow)?
  • Can anyone comment on how much postage was to Australia? Specifically (2550) NSW.
  • Am I correct in thinking the most current production models ship with the "A" on the grills?

Cheers.

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #9,424 of 18,459
How long would it take if I order LCD2 from ALO with the chainmail cable? I have waited for Audeze's pair for a month now but still no news. If I order from ALO now would it still come faster than from Audeze?

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #9,425 of 18,459

Quote:
How long would it take if I order LCD2 from ALO with the chainmail cable? I have waited for Audeze's pair for a month now but still no news. If I order from ALO now would it still come faster than from Audeze?

Call them and see.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #9,427 of 18,459
Frank,
if you only had the old cable, would you spend $40 + shipping on the new one?
(or just the shipping cost for return of old + getting new, if you bought (paid) after 1 jan this year?)

Also, you had (still have?) the Norse cable, right? How do you think it compares to that?

Quote:
I can say the new cable despite the red construction paper on the right connector which fell off is light very clean and much better than the old one i had. I am happy overall with it and the only suggestion for Audeze would be to color code the right connector so people will know which way is correct for installation. I like the light weight and flexibility. Much better than the other one for sure.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #9,428 of 18,459
Code:
 Thank you for your interest in the LCD-2. We have recieved your email about the pre-order. If there are any specific questions in the email, we will email you as soon as possible. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions. [url=http://www.audeze.com/2010/07/faqs/]http://www.audeze.com/2010/07/faqs/[/url] Thank you, Audez'e Inc

The wait begins now
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #9,430 of 18,459

Quote:
Frank,
if you only had the old cable, would you spend $40 + shipping on the new one?
(or just the shipping cost for return of old + getting new, if you bought (paid) after 1 jan this year?)

Also, you had (still have?) the Norse cable, right? How do you think it compares to that?

Quote:
I can say the new cable despite the red construction paper on the right connector which fell off is light very clean and much better than the old one i had. I am happy overall with it and the only suggestion for Audeze would be to color code the right connector so people will know which way is correct for installation. I like the light weight and flexibility. Much better than the other one for sure.

Yes is the answer. It well worth the 40.00 in contrast Norse is an outstanding cable and very clean but the 8 conductor was a bit too bulky for me and the Audeze is much lighter also more so than stock and Norse. Trevor has a 4 conductor coming out but it will be 150.00 for a 8ft still a great buy for what Trevor does with them construction wise.  If you have the Norse and are happy with the cable I would not order the new Audeze cable

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #9,431 of 18,459

Quote:

Are the advantages purely weight and flexibility or are there sonic advantages as well?

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #9,432 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

Are the advantages purely weight and flexibility or are there sonic advantages as well?

no microphonic sound so yes an improvemmment

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #9,433 of 18,459

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

no microphonic sound so yes an improvemmment

Ahhh...OK.  I'm not experiencing much, if any, microphonic issues as I'm stilling, working or relaxing, while listening.  It was more a question of whether there was increased transparency to be had.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #9,434 of 18,459
I pre-ordered at the end of November, going over 2 months now. I can't wait to finally get the payment email so I can tell them to shove that hunk of wood up their...

Don't have a $1000 product, tell people to wait 1 month, then not let them purchase the $1000 item for over 2 months. at least send a quick email saying there was delay or something. i got nothing. definitely not a company i want to do business with. I don't even care how good these things are, that just isn't right.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #9,435 of 18,459

Quote:
I pre-ordered at the end of November, going over 2 months now. I can't wait to finally get the payment email so I can tell them to shove that hunk of wood up their...

Don't have a $1000 product, tell people to wait 1 month, then not let them purchase the $1000 item for over 2 months. at least send a quick email saying there was delay or something. i got nothing. definitely not a company i want to do business with. I don't even care how good these things are, that just isn't right.

I got mine used from a fellow head-fier.  They were originally made/shipped in Jan this year. 

My point is not to rub your nose, it's to say that there are ways to avoid the wait, if you want to. 

I agree that communication should be better when there are delays like this, and feel that Audeze should hear about it, but it's you that's cutting off your nose to spite your face by not taking them.  They are fantastic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back