Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jan 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #8,866 of 18,459

Quote:
I have the '62 recording and there is no triangle at 3 min. into the 4th movement, and ditto for a Eugene Ormandy & Philadelphia Orchestra recording of the 9th.

My disc says the Karajan performance was in '63, but I don't know if that's correct.   The last post by wower confirms exactly where it is and it certainly is there on my disc - track 5 at about 3'30".  The instrumental part of the presto (4th movement) starts at track 4, but the choral starts at track 5. That's were I was getting lost.  So if the 4th movement is not split into two tracks in might occur at around 9'40".

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #8,868 of 18,459
If you pre-ordered back then, and heard nothing at all, then I think you should send them a reminder about your pre-order. Your pair should have been ready by now.....

Quote:

I did order them but heard nothing yet, tried most other cans and lost interest in cans for a while since speakers were so much better, but maybe will try the LCDs if I can source a pair

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #8,869 of 18,459

If you pre-ordered back then, and heard nothing at all, then I think you should send them a reminder about your pre-order. Your pair should have been ready by now.....

X2. That s exactly what happen to me, I emailed them and get my pair within a week. I preorder mines back in late September.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #8,870 of 18,459
Latest note from them is Febuary, I sent them a reminder ~ 3 weeks after I pre-ordered just to see if there was some kind of queue status.  Not out of being impatient but out of curiosity.

Besides my bank account is in a bit of a jam as a refund goes through so I can wait a bit longer.

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #8,871 of 18,459
I had a listen now. That  triangle sure isn't thunderous, but it sounds great nevertheless. In fact, the entire recording is a great experiece, IMHO.

Quote:
Quote:
I have the '62 recording and there is no triangle at 3 min. into the 4th movement, and ditto for a Eugene Ormandy & Philadelphia Orchestra recording of the 9th.

My disc says the Karajan performance was in '63, but I don't know if that's correct.   The last post by wower confirms exactly where it is and it certainly is there on my disc - track 5 at about 3'30".  The instrumental part of the presto (4th movement) starts at track 4, but the choral starts at track 5. That's were I was getting lost.  So if the 4th movement is not split into two tracks in might occur at around 9'40".

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #8,872 of 18,459
It's a great performance, and an excellent recording, I agree!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I had a listen now. That  triangle sure isn't thunderous, but it sounds great nevertheless. In fact, the entire recording is a great experiece, IMHO.

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #8,873 of 18,459
Yeah the Karajan is great. I searched and searched for a complete Beethoven cycle and the Karajan 63 kept being mentioned again and again. I'm very glad I picked it up because it's a piece I plan buying only once. (Not like Bach Cello Suite's of which I own 5 versions or St Matthew's Passion of which I own 2.
cool.gif
) My theory on why the performance is so successful is because the orchestra is so good.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #8,874 of 18,459

Quote:
Yeah the Karajan is great. I searched and searched for a complete Beethoven cycle and the Karajan 63 kept being mentioned again and again. I'm very glad I picked it up because it's a piece I plan buying only once. (Not like Bach Cello Suite's of which I own 5 versions or St Matthew's Passion of which I own 2.
cool.gif
) My theory on why the performance is so successful is because the orchestra is so good.

I own too many versions of everything but have next to nothing here on Pohnpei. Do you know what the 63 cycle is listed under to get the complete cycle? You are right, the Karajan 63 has always been a favorite and recognized as one of the best. 

edit: Ok, I found the hybrid SACD on Amazon.com. Interesting reading the reviews. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #8,875 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:
cool.gif

I own too many versions of everything but have next to nothing here on Pohnpei. Do you know what the 63 cycle is listed under to get the complete cycle? You are right, the Karajan 63 has always been a favorite and recognized as one of the best. 

Here's the SACD set.

Here's the original CD Box set.

Plenty of used copies of both at each link too.

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #8,876 of 18,459
Thank you for the link. 

It seems that many feel the earlier transfers weren't that good, with digital edge and or loss of highs due to over processing in getting rid of the tape hiss. It would seem the SACD hybrid, the 3rd transfer of this is the most highly thought of. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #8,878 of 18,459

Quote:
Checking the LCD-2 serial number/order/arrival info thread, it appears that no one who ordered in November or December has posted there as having received theirs yet.

I'm currently waiting to hear that mine are ready--I ordered on December 3.  Just curious if anyone who ordered in November or December has gotten theirs yet.  Perhaps they took a holiday break from assembly and shipping. 

I pre-ordered my pair on December 1st and just got the email that they are ready today, 7 weeks and 3 days later. Can't wait until they arrive! 
L3000.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #8,879 of 18,459

Red Jacket Mike,

Your wait is nearly over...

I pre-ordered four days ahead of you, on November 29th and received my payement request Saturday, January 22nd, a 54-day wait (7 weeks and 5 days.) 

It's a trivial observation, but I think I see a trend of Audez'e sending out requests for payments, bunched up at the end of a week of assembling multiple LCD-2s. 

Of greater interest - I received my payment request on a Saturday at 6:05 PM Pacific Time (local to Audeze).  I can't remember the last time I was at the office at that hour on a Saturday.

My hat is off to the guys at Audez'e for how hard they are working to fill these orders.

Mike

Quote:
Quote:
Checking the LCD-2 serial number/order/arrival info thread, it appears that no one who ordered in November or December has posted there as having received theirs yet.

I'm currently waiting to hear that mine are ready--I ordered on December 3.  Just curious if anyone who ordered in November or December has gotten theirs yet.  Perhaps they took a holiday break from assembly and shipping. 

I pre-ordered my pair on December 1st and just got the email that they are ready today, 7 weeks and 3 days later. Can't wait until they arrive! 
L3000.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #8,880 of 18,459

Quote:
Red Jacket Mike,

Your wait is nearly over...

I pre-ordered four days ahead of you, on November 29th and received my payement request Saturday, January 22nd, a 54-day wait (7 weeks and 5 days.) 

It's a trivial observation, but I think I see a trend of Audez'e sending out requests for payments, bunched up at the end of a week of assembling multiple LCD-2s. 

Of greater interest - I received my payment request on a Saturday at 6:05 PM Pacific Time (local to Audeze).  I can't remember the last time I was at the office at that hour on a Saturday.

My hat is off to the guys at Audez'e for how hard they are working to fill these orders.

Mike

Quote:
Quote:

L3000.gif

You are correct about my wait being nearly over; I received the email last night saying my LCD-2s are ready.  Having pre-ordered on December 3, that is a wait of 50 days.

I am in Northern Michigan, and I chose the 'economy' shipping, which was $22.00; the shipping calculator on the order page showed 3-5 days delivery time for that method.  There was a 1-2 day express option which was $78.00 to my 49913 zip code.  I figured after waiting 50 days, I could wait 2 or 3 more, and save the extra $56.00.

Can't wait to get them, though; By the middle of this coming week, I should be receiving my Meier StageDAC and Concerto, as well.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back