Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #8,446 of 18,459
Hi sokolov91. The LCD-2 was recabled and plugged into Duckman's beautiful new Leben. I listened to the same jazz track on all of the headphones that I tried yesterday, which included a couple of electrostats and an RS1! 

I enjoyed the LCD-2's relaxed presentation; the absence of harshness and forced treble brightness. Nothing sounded tonally off about it to me but for what it's worth, I do suspect that cymbals were toned down a little more than what I'm used to hearing on my own headphones, home stereo system and in "real life". But I'm already relying on aural memory here, which is notoriously unreliable.

Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to try the LCD-2 again. Suffice to say, I liked what I heard and can understand why people rate it so highly. I intend to have another audition of an HD800 and a stax rig hopefully next week. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #8,447 of 18,459

Quote:
From what I've gathered some mod attempted to move the stax thread back to headphones then a bunch of members got all pissy thus said mod moved the HE-6 and LCD-2 threads to the high end. 

i always thought that the high end forum contains gears of 2-3K to above along with the stax threads.atleast that is how it was when i joined headfi.it was nice when i first joined to be dazed by  such an expensive items which i thought never existed
regular_smile .gif

now it contains many unrelated threads including the useless (IMO) DavidMehler poll threads and threads IMO again dont belong here like these
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509620/for-those-which-have-heard-both-is-there-a-clear-winner-he-6-lcd-2
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/514687/hifiman-hm-801-desktop-class-digital-sound-to-go
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/472114/hd800-and-t1-musings

nothing against any of the creators of the threads ofcourse,in fact they are useful and enjoyable to read but not in here.

on the lcd2 topic,i really wonder when their value will decrease?
etysmile.gif
 i have the money but i dont want to wait a couple of months and also because i find spending $1000 for a headphone too much(my jh13 included).

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #8,448 of 18,459
I think the term "hi-end Audio Forum" means something ,that sound great and maybe even though not the best but in the higher tier.
The T1,HD800,LCD2,HE6 are some great cans,which have their own fans and already be prooved,that they sound nice. You can see,that the ED10 is still in the normal headphones forum,because not many people like them so much,even though I've found the ED10 is not worst than the 4 Headphones,I mentioned before
HM801 is maybe the best portable source availbled now, for me it's deserved to come to the hi-end forum (portable) .

by the way I am quite new here in the head-fi,maybe the reason,why we  have this subforum,is not ,what I think

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #8,449 of 18,459
^ Nope. When I see "high-end audio", I think premium priced, exclusive, upper echelon, rarified, etc. I don't understand why the Ultrasone Edition 10 thread hasn't been transplanted to this forum.

I'm too low rent to be even pressing my nose against the window here and am expecting to be moved on by a moderator at any moment.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #8,450 of 18,459
I had some friends over, who all wanted to hear the LCD-2 when I mentioned it. They wanted to hear what an €1K headphone sounds like. They all loved the sound of it.

I didn't feel so good about showing them the stock cable though, it really doesn't look or feel like it belongs to a high-class headphone. (but none of them complained about it) (it's just a look-and-feel issue though, the sound is all fine)

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #8,451 of 18,459
+1 DefectiveAudio, HD650 wowed those who listen to them before, but when they come the second time and tried both, 100% of their comment was, ouch, the treble is quite harsh.  LCD-2 is special, I can now listen to all my album collection I couldn't before.  Normal recording like Linkin Park, Madonna sound exceptional, Audiophile recording sound heavenly.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #8,453 of 18,459

Quote:
I had some friends over, who all wanted to hear the LCD-2 when I mentioned it. They wanted to hear what an €1K headphone sounds like. They all loved the sound of it.

I didn't feel so good about showing them the stock cable though, it really doesn't look or feel like it belongs to a high-class headphone. (but none of them complained about it) (it's just a look-and-feel issue though, the sound is all fine)

Trevor cable is pretty and well constructed not sure any differences yet as I have not AB but one thing is nicer looking better made and no microphonic  sounds at all. Crystal clear sound

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #8,454 of 18,459
Are folks at Audeze still taking order? Sent them an email about getting one, no response for weeks. strange.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #8,455 of 18,459

Quote:
^ Nope. When I see "high-end audio", I think premium priced, exclusive, upper echelon, rarified, etc. I don't understand why the Ultrasone Edition 10 thread hasn't been transplanted to this forum.

I'm too low rent to be even pressing my nose against the window here and am expecting to be moved on by a moderator at any moment.

lol

Mind if I put this in my sig?

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #8,456 of 18,459
Quote:
Are folks at Audeze still taking order? Sent them an email about getting one, no response for weeks. strange.

Yep. You have to fill out the order form. I guess your email must've fallen through the cracks. I've had very good response times from them with the exception of one email. http://www.audeze.com/contact/

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #8,457 of 18,459

Quote:

From what I know they are taking orders. I would put in the subject line that you would like confirmation and then remind them of when you preordered. I did that and they got back with me. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #8,458 of 18,459
Audeze has great costumer service with warranty issues.
I accidentily broke a part while replacing the new blocks.
I e-mailed them yesterday telling them what happened.
This morning I got an e-mail saying the parts were in the mail.

Hows that for fast.
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #8,459 of 18,459

Quote:

I don't know, IMO a noob would simply be impressed by how huge and "serious" it seems.  Bigger is better!

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #8,460 of 18,459

Quote:
Audeze has great costumer service with warranty issues.
I accidentily broke a part while replacing the new blocks.
I e-mailed them yesterday telling them what happened.
This morning I got an e-mail saying the parts were in the mail.

Hows that for fast.
smile.gif

I'm sure they appreciate you doing the replacement and they are willing to eat the cost of collateral damages.  Very responsive with problems as any new product has a possibility of shake down issues once in the field.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back