Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #6,901 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I've been considering upgrading my source as my rig desperately needs it. Any recommendations for a good dac to pair with one of these bad boys? I was thinking something along the lines of a Gamma 2. The most I can afford at the moment is around $400 though it may increase if the LCD2 makes me sell my other gear.

At that price point, you can't do better than the y2 IMO. Anyways, that's a topic for a different thread.

To be fair the conversation has been steadily dying down and well... it's just as on-topic as any cable discussion -like the ones we have been having recently... so I think we can let it slide :wink:

These general threads are always like Tron :p ... always shifting from one direction to another but with a general theme/goal

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #6,902 of 18,459

Quote:
How is the bulkiness of the Tigz cable? Microphoinics?

Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried TigzStudio's cable yet?

im currently using the 8 conductor cable from tigzstudio, i'll get to writing a review on it with the lcd-2 if you guys want otherwise you can pm me about it

the cable isn't bulky at all, very well braided and just seems very high quality.it is much lighter then the stock cable too, and the mini jacks are shorter in length i believe.  Microphonics is much lesser and almost negligible (imo). doesn't add anything significant to the sound (which is the goal of the cable) , but seems to improve the seperation and i feel the imaging gets better and there is more "air" at the treble, without making the treble brighter. hope i made sense :p

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #6,903 of 18,459
That sounds promising! Do you have a picture of it connected to your LCD-2?

Quote:

Quote:
How is the bulkiness of the Tigz cable? Microphoinics?

Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried TigzStudio's cable yet?

im currently using the 8 conductor cable from tigzstudio, i'll get to writing a review on it with the lcd-2 if you guys want otherwise you can pm me about it

the cable isn't bulky at all, very well braided and just seems very high quality.it is much lighter then the stock cable too, and the mini jacks are shorter in length i believe.  Microphonics is much lesser and almost negligible (imo). doesn't add anything significant to the sound (which is the goal of the cable) , but seems to improve the seperation and i feel the imaging gets better and there is more "air" at the treble, without making the treble brighter. hope i made sense :p

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #6,906 of 18,459
Any Black Friday deals on LCD2s?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #6,908 of 18,459

Quote:
Exactly...or say you're out of town in-laws are visiting for 2 weeks and you need to drown them out...the Edition 8s are just what the doctor ordered.
wink.gif

Right!  The LCD-2 are clearly better than the Ed 8, IMO, but not if you want some isolation!

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #6,914 of 18,459
Nice-looking cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back