Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #6,166 of 18,459
I'd be shocked if they would sell you one if you didn't own LCD-2's.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #6,167 of 18,459
Shocked? In a positive way? As in "we are happy to hear you would like to buy our box, we will be happy to sell you one". And I'd say that a great company even it they sold me the box for more than 30$ since I don't own LCD2. Everything good comes back eventually and with that kind of good service I would consider buying their headphones.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #6,168 of 18,459
I got my headphones today
smily_headphones1.gif

I prefer it to the K702, and the preference is a big one, as in a 'wow, I did not know that my music could sound like that' reaction. I've literally only listened to one CD, though (John Coltrane, A Love Supreme SACD). 

They definitely are heavy, but they're comfortable otherwise. They seem like they might be pretty hot, though. It's only 69 degrees in my room, and my ears were feeling pretty warm by the end of the half-hour CD.

Now that I'm fully geared up (XA5400ES, Concerto, LCD-2), uh... time to get those CDs that I've been eying, but putting off for later? Those Prestige-label Coltrane sets look like a good place to start.

Or maybe I can buy a fancy set of RCA cables
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6,171 of 18,459

Quote:
I know, crazy, huh?  Well I think for my head, the LCD-2 clamp less and have a comfier head band but the T1 are still very comfortable.

I'm happy for you that you find the LCD-2s so comfortable. Yes the T1s are very comfy, but the LCD-2s are just ok in that regard with my melon.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #6,172 of 18,459
Just got mine today.Plugged them into my mier concetro and played some foobar flac.Low impedance on the amp and fairly low volume.The first song sounded so sweet,it was the best hi fi experiance for me and makes me want to go through my collection.The LCD2 sound suits me to the ground and the weight is fine on my big bonce.Thanks audezie,for these cans,much appreciated here.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #6,173 of 18,459
I wonder what the EMF radiation implications are of having such huge electromagnets so close to your ears for extended periods, could the LCD-2 be the anti-Ultrasones in that respect?

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #6,175 of 18,459

Quote:
I wonder what the EMF radiation implications are of having such huge electromagnets so close to your ears for extended periods, could the LCD-2 be the anti-Ultrasones in that respect?

Thought of this. Same with high voltages in stats.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #6,176 of 18,459

Quote:

Quote:
Thought of this. Same with high voltages in stats.

...... the scientific consensus is that electromagnetic radiation from headphones does not constitute a health hazard. According to the World Health Organization, "no scientific basis currently exists for a connection between electromagnetic hypersensitivity and exposure to electromagnetic fields."

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs296/en/

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #6,177 of 18,459
Quote:
Just got mine today.Plugged them into my mier concetro and played some foobar flac.Low impedance on the amp and fairly low volume.The first song sounded so sweet,it was the best hi fi experiance for me and makes me want to go through my collection.The LCD2 sound suits me to the ground and the weight is fine on my big bonce.Thanks audezie,for these cans,much appreciated here.

Seems like you had a few WOW moments ...
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #6,179 of 18,459
have not received my replacements yet either but Sankar did tell me beginning of November so patience they are taking care of the issue. Good customer service . I also assume they fixed the issue as new headphones were shipping again.

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #6,180 of 18,459
Does anyone know if they have changed the volume sensitivity in either the K702 or LCD-2? When A/Bing the two, I've had to lower the volume for the LCD-2. Given that Wikiphonia lists the sensitivity of the LCD-2 at 91db/mW, and the K701 at 105 dB/mW, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back