Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #6,048 of 18,459
Box dimensions, in which was delivered LCD-2 are: 39 x 31 x 22 in centimeters.
 I am not really sure if it is true value, but in paperwork it is written that package weight is 3 kilos.

Quote:
Guys, I need your help. I've asked a kind friend of mine to help me hand carry the whole she-bang with him from the US to Indonesia but I need the exact dimensions and weight of the carrying case including the LCD-2 inside. Does anyone have the numbers? 

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #6,049 of 18,459
I received a replacement cable today for my LCD-2, a Zeus Quad 22Ohno Continues Cast Cu 6ft. cable from aphroditecu29.com.  This cable is so incredibly light that when it was delivered today, I thought I was delivered an empty package.  So far, I've notice a slightly better sound stage and better separation.  Definitely recommend this cable for improving listening comfort due to the heavy stock cable. 

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #6,052 of 18,459

Quote:

Nero - Act like you know  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjgFYQMWtqo&feature=related

That song is SOOOOOOOOO dirty as of 1:20. Great example of the genre.

If the volume is up any, you should literally feel your brain shake. Well... probably just your ear lobes, but it feels like my brain :p.

This music is DIRTY and my benchmark for bass performance in a headphone. Can't say I would sit down and listen to a CD of this stuff at home, but at a venue it will send you into another dimension pretty quickly. 50hz as loud as that live literally give you a body massage. It is amazing.

Thanks for this recommendation. I can't get enough of it. I noticed it was a remix so i looked for the original and found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVLAQWPBCI

Take a listen at 2:15. There is some seriously cavernous bass for the next 15 seconds or so. It is completely ridiculous. I'm using my Meelectric M9s (on my iPod Touch 4) which are terrible at everything but bass and wow do they satisfy on this track despite the horrible highs and mids. The bass from this track and these IEMS make me feel like there is really a sub playing in my room. I get the sensations my mind is making my body feel the bass in my feet and from the chair even though they aren't moving.

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #6,053 of 18,459

Quote:

Thanks for this recommendation. I can't get enough of it. I noticed it was a remix so i looked for the original and found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVLAQWPBCI

Take a listen at 2:15. There is some seriously cavernous bass for the next 15 seconds or so. It is completely ridiculous. I'm using my Meelectric M9s (on my iPod Touch 4) which are terrible at everything but bass and wow do they satisfy on this track despite the horrible highs and mids. The bass from this track and these IEMS make me feel like there is really a sub playing in my room. I get the sensations my mind is making my body feel the bass in my feet and from the chair even though they aren't moving.

This is my benchmark for bass performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z59gAXZ0ksQ

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #6,055 of 18,459

Quote:
3.5kg if I remember correctly. I am sure if you ask Alex from Audez'e he will tell u the exact dimensions and weight.

Quote:
Box dimensions, in which was delivered LCD-2 are: 39 x 31 x 22 in centimeters.
 I am not really sure if it is true value, but in paperwork it is written that package weight is 3 kilos.

Thanks for the both of you. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #6,056 of 18,459

Quote:
This is my benchmark for bass performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z59gAXZ0ksQ

hahah whats funny is this parody is actually got me into the genre in the first place. I laughed so hard, but found myself listening to it all the time. Out of self respect I searched out better stuff :p.

Quote:

This is really good too I actually hadn't heard it before. TY for the link back at you.

Oh god do the LCD-2 ever put a smile on my face when the bassline drops like that. I will have to get a better copy of this recording though because it sounds a little rolled off... but still epic.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #6,057 of 18,459

Quote:
hahah whats funny is this parody is actually got me into the genre in the first place. I laughed so hard, but found myself listening to it all the time. Out of self respect I searched out better stuff :p.

This is really good too I actually hadn't heard it before. TY for the link back at you.

Oh god do the LCD-2 ever put a smile on my face when the bassline drops like that. I will have to get a better copy of this recording though because it sounds a little rolled off... but still epic.

Thanks a lot. This is surely speaker material though. Case in point my parents was visiting and it took less then ten seconds mom came in yelling "USE YOUR HEADPHONES WE ARE GOING CRAZY". I could hear my father swear in the background at his computer trying to reserve flight tickets.. Then we had some visitors coming in but nobody heared the bell so they had been yelling for quite some time before letting themself in.

LCD-2 is a bit of anticlimax I have to say but couple it with the buttkicker and you get some real action going. Will be interesting to see how much of feel I get from the  ED 8 and DX 1000.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #6,058 of 18,459

Quote:
I've only heard 4 different Lambdas and none have sounded like the O2.  I don't think any Lambda will

You should hear my O1's. They have some of the sweetest midrange I've ever heard. They are not good for fast rock...they're not fast enough.
But for Classical, Jazz, and Acoustic Rock, they will blow away any Lambda, including my SR-Lambda Pros.

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #6,059 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks a lot. This is surely speaker material though. Case in point my parents was visiting and it took less then ten seconds mom came in yelling "USE YOUR HEADPHONES WE ARE GOING CRAZY". I could hear my father swear in the background at his computer trying to reserve flight tickets.. Then we had some visitors coming in but nobody heared the bell so they had been yelling for quite some time before letting themself in.

LCD-2 is a bit of anticlimax I have to say but couple it with the buttkicker and you get some real action going. Will be interesting to see how much of feel I get from the  ED 8 and DX 1000.

Definitely true, but my speakers have a pretty big roll off after 100hz or so, so I can't really use them for dub purposes. Its no fun without the almost subsonic bass :p. The LCD-2 are pretty damned satisfying but yes speakers are much better do to the air in your lungs vibrating LMAO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back