Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Sep 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #4,396 of 18,459
I think so too. I just wanted to double-check if there was the usual packaging aroud it.

It could be a good warning for all LCD-2 owners who wants to ship their headphone anywhere if this can happen even in the stock packaging.

Quote:
I think he's saying the metal part that popped loose scratched up the wood. Probably bounced around during shipping.

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #4,398 of 18,459
I will criticize a little Audeze. They are doing improvements (and it will be sure continue) which is great of course but I think it is not quite fair for people who got it sooner.
New conectors. What will be another in future..? ..Who knows but definitely I would like to have final version of LCD-2 but I have bad luck because I ordered them earlier. It is simple. They had start to sell them later, just my opinion.

Sep 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #4,399 of 18,459
Remember there is a post here saying that the old version has a pair screw protectors but the new one doesn't, and that might cause scratches on the head band. Well here is a solution that do not involve tapes.

Just use a pair 1x0.5 cm heat-shrink tubes and hair-dry them. Cover the driver though, do not blow your driver off
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #4,400 of 18,459
I don't understand how you manage to scratch the headband... on my pair, the screws don't appear to touch the headband... how do you make that happen?
(The first version screw protectors are visible on the photos on the first page of the appreciation thread. There are photos of early and the current version on that page.)

Quote:
Remember there is a post here saying that the old version has a pair screw protectors but the new one doesn't, and that might cause scratches on the head band. Well here is a solution that do not involve tapes.

Just use a pair 1x0.5 cm heat-shrink tubes and hair-dry them. Cover the driver though, do not blow your driver off
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think you should drop them a line if there is something that you are not completely happy with.
Quote:
I will criticize a little Audeze. They are doing improvements (and it will be sure continue) which is great of course but I think it is not quite fair for people who got it sooner.
New conectors. What will be another in future..? ..Who knows but definitely I would like to have final version of LCD-2 but I have bad luck because I ordered them earlier. It is simple. They had start to sell them later, just my opinion.

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #4,401 of 18,459
The screws touch my headband in both positions I can wear them with. The thicker head you got the more pressure they will put on the headband.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #4,402 of 18,459
Really? I have tried bending the headband gently outwards with the screws in different heights, but they still won't touch the headband.
( I don't want to do too much bending, because the fit is perfect now... I don't want it to get more loose.)

Quote:
The screws touch my headband in both positions I can wear them with. The thicker head you got the more pressure they will put on the headband.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #4,403 of 18,459
All are not created equal perhaps. I have small dents already.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #4,405 of 18,459

Quote:

the LCD-2 sounds much better with the WA6 when using a 6SN7 adapter and a pair of Sylvania VT-231 tubes.  It gives them that little bit of sparkle that they need.

Larry, have you thought about ask Glenn to make 6F8G adapter for your amp? They seems will make perfect mach with LCD-2, It did on my WA22

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #4,406 of 18,459
I just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed Audeze at midnight last night, and both gentleman from Audeze emailed me back before 7am.  They assured me they will take car of the damage, and I know they will.  Great service....

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #4,407 of 18,459

Quote:
Some variations in production is to be expected from a hand-made product, but that doesn't sound like something one should expect. Did you talk to them about it?

Should have some shrink wrap on those screws but those small dents doesn´t bug me that much. It´s easilly fixed anyway.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #4,408 of 18,459

Quote:
Should have some shrink wrap on those screws but those small dents doesn´t bug me that much. It´s easilly fixed anyway.

Something like this would be good.

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #4,409 of 18,459

Larry, have you thought about ask Glenn to make 6F8G adapter for your amp? They seems will make perfect mach with LCD-2, It did on my WA22

Not yet. I first want to get the current adapters to fit more tightly - needs longer pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back