Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #4,141 of 18,459

Quote:

I don't doubt that the realism is addictive. I don't think I've ever listened to a headphone that will sound as realistic as the LCD-2, save for the O2 perhaps. That's part of why I'm so excited. It's a new experience for me, especially as my first pair of orthodynamic cans.

Despite this, I'm fairly certain I'll end up keeping all my other headphones. I like heavily colored headphones and listening to the way they change the music. I like collecting the different kinds of wood that are used by Audio Technica. I like looking at vintage headphones and their packaging. That's part of what keep me going as a collector.

Good for you. There is no one perfect headphone anyway, so why not collect and enjoy them for the different audio and aesthetic qualities that they bring? I didn't notice any Grado's in your collection. The RS1 and HF2 are pretty cool phones in my opinion.

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #4,142 of 18,459

Quote:
True, I didn't really look at it that way....it could very well be that his hearing is quite different than other people.  

Well we aren´t Borgs... We all have our own ears. I suspect the LCD-2 should be compatible with more ears then the average can though.

Pro 750/K701 that is cans I associate with headphones built for studio use :)

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #4,143 of 18,459
Some people have hearing loss, are older, etc etc....is kind of what I was getting at.

Quote:
Well we aren´t Borgs... We all have our own ears. I suspect the LCD-2 should be compatible with more ears then the average can though.

Pro 750/K701 that is cans I associate with headphones built for studio use :)

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #4,148 of 18,459

Quote:
uh oh!

Getting touchy are we?

:p just kidding.

No just curious....I'm still only 38 years old. That's not old is it?
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #4,149 of 18,459

Quote:
No just curious....I'm still only 38 years old. That's not old is it?
blink.gif

I am turning 20 in a few months and considering getting my will done...

Post-teen crisis is supposedly the new rage these days haha... oh boy. I can't afford a new sports car... but a new SOTA DAC and amp I can do...

:wink:

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #4,152 of 18,459
provocation wich i use and defending mechanism of LCD-2 owners gives much more hidden information to daylight and this is additional information for those who consider buying the LCD-2.
And about graphs
I like to add here that [size=x-small]the princible of uncertainity means that you have to use infinite amount of numbers to describe or catch reality wich is impossible .Often a painted picture describes reality in more accurate way than a photograph ,for instance the sensation of movement,[/size]
[size=x-small]This makes also all graph parameters relative and this is the reason why people often  get floored by components wich graph looks really bad.[/size]

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #4,153 of 18,459

Quote:
provocation wich i use and defending mechanism of LCD-2 owners gives much more hidden information to daylight and this is additional information for those who consider buying the LCD-2.
And about graphs
I like to add here that [size=x-small]the princible of uncertainity means that you have to use infinite amount of numbers to describe or catch reality wich is impossible .Often a painted picture describes reality in more accurate way than a photograph ,for instance the sensation of movement,[/size]
[size=x-small]This makes also all graph parameters relative and this is the reason why people often  get floored by components wich graph looks really bad.[/size]

It would describe it more emotionally, or in a more human fashion but never more accurate... There really isn't an argument here.

Tigz hit the nail on the head when he spoke of photography design and use of tights, anything to smooth over reality.

hell, I know a lot of people who do not like blu-ray because it does not look like a movie. It looks more like a play.

So there is the Red Pill and the Blue pill.

Reality, or a smoothed over, easier to swallow version of reality that looks nicer by contrast because it lacks the sharp imperfections that make things real.

Both are a good choice, but one is flawed.

And again... if you need these flaws, maybe your music is lacking :p

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #4,154 of 18,459
@thinker : If you are trying to expose people to flaws of LCD-2 then you are really not doing your job well.

I mean, you are comparing them to HE-90. The moment you do that the LCD-2 grab my attention since very few headphones(O2,R10) have ever been compared to these.

Just my 2 cents.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #4,155 of 18,459
I'm still not sure if im brave enough, but I'm just gonna throw this out there and see who bites -

I would love to organize a swap with someone who owns some LCD-2's, the idea being that i could try the LCD -2 and someone else could try my smegy made amboynaa burl thunderpants. (they cost $750 to give you some perspective, and in case you havent heard they are lauded as the best closed can ever by many vetran head-fi'ers) (pictured in my profile photo, and gushed over in many of my other threads)

It would be a temporary trade of course, and ideally we would set it up so that each of us could have both pairs in our possession simultaneously for a proper comparison.

If i consider this, it will only be with a very well seasoned head-fier whom i feel very comfortable trusting my prized possession with. and we'd have to set up some pretty stringent shipping and care taking rules. 

so if you feel the itch, give me a PM.  again im still not sure have the guts to do this, but i have a long stretch of time with no business trips coming up, so it would be the ideal time...  US customers only please.. i cant afford shipping anywhere else :wink:

ill probably start another thread about this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back