Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2,551 of 18,459
Quote:

...but I bet you like your Leben a tad better (just a guess).

That is usually how it works, but my I am hoping to use them in the office with the Zana as well.

Quote:
Somewhere someone had posted that their Zana was not a great match.  As for ship dates I have to imagine they build them in bunches not one at a time so the person from May and July may be in the same batch.

I think I read somewhere in this thread or one of the others from dallan that the specs for his Zana were not looking ideal but I did not get the sense that he actually tried them together. I guess I will just have to wait and see for myself.

Which should be a week or so as I just paid!

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #2,552 of 18,459
Yeah, mine is one of the earlier ones (#38). I will still keep hope until I try it.

Quote:
Well maybe the newer Zana with an impedance switch will do okay but mine is just over a year old and doesn't have that newer feature.  So my output at 32 ohms is 200mW and I imagine not much higher than that at 50ohm.

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #2,553 of 18,459
Ya never know....
wink_face.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #2,557 of 18,459

Quote:
I pre-ordered May 12 and received my confirmation email about an hour ago.

Awesome!

This worries me that I yet again missed a production batch cutoff... :/

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #2,558 of 18,459
If anyone get a nose up on when the next batch is planned shout. 12th of may then those like me ordering the 20th may be on that one :)

edit: chickendinner did I just exactly miss the deadline lol

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #2,561 of 18,459
Have owned the LCD-2 now almost a month and hooked yesterday the ALO headphone cable on it,it's stunning step up from the stock cable .If i put it short, more air,micro details,dynamics,smoothness,clarity,bass is deeper and more articulate,the picture is more organized and deeper,great musicality and rhythm.No way back to the stock cable the ALO is the perfect match for the LCD-2.After 1 month of use the LCD-2 has become comfortable and i am listening about 3 hours daily and warning! you get addicted to the sound .The first week i wasnt sure how it sounds the second week i got used to it and was blown away.

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #2,562 of 18,459
24th here, oooooooooooooooohhhh....

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #2,564 of 18,459

Quote:
Hi thinker,

Is the ALO cable balanced or something like that?

I just looked at the price, and ... 
eek.gif

What makes it so good?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491564/audeze-lcd2-with-alo-lux-fep-18awg-cable
please look at the link
I would call the soundsignature of stock wire to Alo grayish , the Alo appears liquid and multicolored  or it just mirrors the source itself.

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #2,565 of 18,459

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491564/audeze-lcd2-with-alo-lux-fep-18awg-cable
please look at the link
I would call the soundsignature of stock wire to Alo grayish , the Alo appears liquid and multicolored  or it just mirrors the source itself.

The ALO is stunning and continues to impress after three months of ownership of the tandem (ALO and Audez'e). The stock cable smacks hard with a forced and a bleeding over leading edge transient that obscures the air and ambiance possible with the phone. That stock cables hard start, laps over and just smothers the natural ambient surround of both the instrument and the venue.

Images are smaller yet tidy with the stock cable, however, injecting the ALO makes for wonderful spatial air and dramatic and layered natural performance that is lost (as in total absence) using the stock wire.

You won't know the potential of the phone OR the gear it's linked to until you drop kick the stock cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back