Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #1,681 of 18,459

Quote:

Thanks for your impressions, I appreciate them
smile_phones.gif
. Looks like I'll be buying a solid state amp at some point.. Silly me.

The LCD-2 may mesh very well with the Sonett.  The T40s didn't sound bad and in a quiet listening environment they would have fared better.  I think the LCD-2s will be easier to drive as well, so you may enjoy the nuances of both together and lower volumes in a quiet listening area. 
wink.gif

There are always hybrids too.

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #1,683 of 18,459
Hey Guys, I just put myself on the preorder list for the LCD-2...Do bear with my newbie questions as I'm looking to DIY the cable possibly.

Can I confirm if the 4 pin mini xlr connectors are the ones connecting to the LCD-2s?Would it be then safe to say that I can do a 2 X 3 pin XLR(jacks) cable for it even though the connectors indicates that it's 4 pin mini xlr?

Would really appreciate any insight to this! Thank you!

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #1,684 of 18,459
Quote:
You have to watch with cable. Some cables add coloration. Silver to me is always bright and I  would think as good as the cans measure and sound with the cable it comes with why mess with it. 

Somehow I don't think a little bit of added brightness would be a problem with the LCD-2 from the impressions that I've read here.

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #1,685 of 18,459
People have reported changes in sound with the ALO cable, so the particular cable you consider might do something as well.

Quote:
Best electrical conductor of any known metal, thats usually why I make all my cables silver.  Also I like to customize my stuff.  But lets save the whole do cables do anything debate for another time.  

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #1,687 of 18,459

Quote:
Hey Guys, I just put myself on the preorder list for the LCD-2...Do bear with my newbie questions as I'm looking to DIY the cable possibly.

Can I confirm if the 4 pin mini xlr connectors are the ones connecting to the LCD-2s?Would it be then safe to say that I can do a 2 X 3 pin XLR(jacks) cable for it even though the connectors indicates that it's 4 pin mini xlr?

Would really appreciate any insight to this! Thank you!

Here is the link for you

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #1,688 of 18,459
So is the waiting time around a month?

I've been on the preorder list for slightly more than a month now. Hopefully I'll get an email soon!

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #1,691 of 18,459

Quote:
So is the waiting time around a month?

I've been on the preorder list for slightly more than a month now. Hopefully I'll get an email soon!

Why don't you send them an email?

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #1,692 of 18,459

Well with CanJam and everything, I thought I should give them slack. After the reviews they got in CanJam they're probably flooded with emails. I'll be patient for a few more days 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Why don't you send them an email?

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #1,693 of 18,459
I dont get why so many people are re-cabling them before they even hear them stock.  It seems it's a great cable already and not really limiting their potential, so a recable would only be if you want to fine tune the sound signature, with a bit of brightness from silver for example. 

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,694 of 18,459

Quote:
I dont get why so many people are re-cabling them before they even hear them stock.  It seems it's a great cable already and not really limiting their potential, so a recable would only be if you want to fine tune the sound signature, with a bit of brightness from silver for example. 

It's a hobby, no? Isn't it interesting to do something great by your own hands and check it out with the greatest headphones eva? Besides, we need to do something else to let these guys do their job since we are starving here cause waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back