Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #1,471 of 18,459
Yeah I actually sent a pm to audeze on head-fi but havent gotten a response about pin config of the xlrs, etc. Understandable as I am sure they are very busy :D

Jun 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #1,472 of 18,459
it was posted a few pages back by DanC - should be easy to find ..dB

EDIT - did some digging and found the image I had in mind

and yes, I didn't even pick up that people were thinking 3 pin - it is a 4 pin mini xlr 

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #1,475 of 18,459
Jun 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #1,476 of 18,459
One thing Alex told me was that he didn't want to accept payments without having the product ready to ship. They are clearly ramping up production.. Canjam is a busy time..hang in there for a few more days and things should get moving soon enough.

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #1,479 of 18,459

Quote:
One thing Alex told me was that he didn't want to accept payments without having the product ready to ship. They are clearly ramping up production.. Canjam is a busy time..hang in there for a few more days and things should get moving soon enough.

I am just hoping the month don't turn into six months. I seen it happen on thos board with other products.

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #1,480 of 18,459

Quote:
I am just hoping the month don't turn into six months. I seen it happen on thos board with other products.

Yup... my cockpit was delayed six month and that I payed for in advance... For about the price of 15 LCD-2s :wink:
I am a battle hardened veteran in the waiting game thus.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #1,482 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks for that pic man, much appreciated.  :D  

If you cant make it out, the right hand side of the XLR pin layour is (-) and the left hand is (+). That is the pin layout viewed from the rear of the plug (ie the bits of the pins u solder onto) also the lines joining the pins means those pins are bridged.

Just to clarify since its not too easy to make out in the photo.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #1,483 of 18,459

Quote:
Yup... my cockpit was delayed six month and that I payed for in advance... For about the price of 15 LCD-2s :wink:
I am a battle hardened veteran in the waiting game thus.

Well I have the money and just bought the Denon ahd7000 so I will wait this one out as there isn't any other headphone I want except the LCD2. Hell I lusted for the Denon for a year before I pulled the plug.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #1,485 of 18,459
I saw the measurements that Tyll made at the show of the LCD-2 - exceptionally flat from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, and then smoothly falling response below that - so that 20 kHz was significantly down versus the 1kHz level,  There were no major peaks.  Smooth, but definitely downward-sloping.

I also thought the LCD-2 sounded good on the Cavalli Liquid Fire, but I did not think that sounded better than they do on my Leben - in fact I think the Leben is better with the LCD-2.  JMO, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back