Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #14,806 of 18,459

Quote:
that's interesting because mine has a distinct potato like impression. It leaves something to be desired around the vocal frequencies.

Actually, that is how I would describe the rev1 soundstgage. The rev2 is more semi circle. I think that is a better descriptor than oval because a potato is oval also.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #14,807 of 18,459

Quote:
Actually, the only issues that have been beaten to death 
deadhorse.gif
 are the ridiculous back and forth of posters accusing each other of misrepresenting what they hear, claiming "it's my way or the highway", rationalizing to death the reason that what they hear must be correct based on ridiculous abstractions, arbitrary fact, and arcane career knowledge so everyone else obviously hearing impaired, the LCD-2 must suck because it doesn't sound as good as my $250K system (but I'll keep them anyway to remind myself just how horrible they really are), and finally (although I'm sure there is more out there) because you've turned this into a "v.1 is better...NO, v.2 is better...NO, V.1 is BETTER...NO! V.2 IS BETTER" freakin' Urinary Olympic Competition!

About 87 pages ago, it was fun, offbeat, and a little weird.  Now, it's just wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I have both versions here and I have my opinions on which is better for what.  But how dare I venture my opinions and impressions because they are subjective and not written in a 100% sterile, objective environment where there is no margin of error and the "facts" can't be disputed! 
rolleyes.gif
  Seems the hobbyist and enthusiast must take a second seat to this "professional airing of objective opinions" that is taking place in such a calm, constructive manner.
rolleyes.gif

Then, of course, I have to be told to "shut up and color" because I want to reintroduce a little fun into a thread long bereft of it.  Have fun with your articulately crafted bicker-fest...I'm outa here!

GOD, I miss the Hamsters!  Never laughed so much in my life...now all I do is skip belittling posts...not much to read anymore.

It's no one's business which version I prefer until they go up for sale.  Maybe I'll just sell 'em both so I don't have to be tempted to look in on this thread anymore.  It's not a pretty sight.

Adios,
-HK sends

Relax dude. I share your views about how tiring the bickering has become. I'm sorry if my post about the hamsters upset you! LOL!
beerchug.gif

Edit: Wait. Are you accusing me of inciting this mess? What?

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #14,808 of 18,459

Quote:

Actually, that is how I would describe the rev1 soundstgage. The rev2 is more semi circle. I think that is a better descriptor than oval because a potato is oval also.

L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

popcorn.gif

beyersmile.png

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #14,809 of 18,459

Quote:
because you've turned this into a "v.1 is better...NO, v.2 is better...NO, V.1 is BETTER...NO! V.2 IS BETTER" freakin' Urinary Olympic Competition!  

There is always rough waters were two rivers collide. This was to be expected a little. There are 2 different versions that are both good and people have taken sides. Eventually the love will come bask and we will just agree that both versions are good but different.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #14,810 of 18,459
Quote:
Relax dude. I share your views about how tiring the bickering has become. I'm sorry if my post about the hamsters upset you! LOL!
beerchug.gif

What, you guys think I would actually leave (well, I did for five minutes...that's a record for me)!?!  No, I wasn't upset by the hamster comment, but wanted to vent on the bicker fest of late.  It was the straw that broke the hamster's back, so to speak.
I just enjoy it when we have fun here, not blast others because their opinions are different.

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #14,811 of 18,459
Stick it out.  We need humor every once in a while.  Keeps us young.  However, I'll join you in a LCD-2 and Hamster thread.
I think the anxiety is high as we reach 1000 pages.  Let's look sharp people....

Quote:
Actually, the only issues that have been beaten to death 
deadhorse.gif
 are the ridiculous back and forth of posters accusing each other of misrepresenting what they hear, claiming "it's my way or the highway", rationalizing to death the reason that what they hear must be correct based on ridiculous abstractions, arbitrary fact, and arcane career knowledge so everyone else obviously hearing impaired, the LCD-2 must suck because it doesn't sound as good as my $250K system (but I'll keep them anyway to remind myself just how horrible they really are), and finally (although I'm sure there is more out there) because you've turned this into a "v.1 is better...NO, v.2 is better...NO, V.1 is BETTER...NO! V.2 IS BETTER" freakin' Urinary Olympic Competition!

About 87 pages ago, it was fun, offbeat, and a little weird.  Now, it's just wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I have both versions here and I have my opinions on which is better for what.  But how dare I venture my opinions and impressions because they are subjective and not written in a 100% sterile, objective environment where there is no margin of error and the "facts" can't be disputed! 
rolleyes.gif
  Seems the hobbyist and enthusiast must take a second seat to this "professional airing of objective opinions" that is taking place in such a calm, constructive manner.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #14,812 of 18,459
Quote:

There is always rough waters were two rivers collide. This was to be expected a little. There are 2 different versions that are both good and people have taken sides. Eventually the love will come bask and we will just agree that both versions are good but different.

Heck, I thought a few of us conceded that eighty-something pages ago...
wink_face.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #14,813 of 18,459
Quote:
Stick it out.  We need humor every once in a while.  Keeps us young.  However, I'll join you in a LCD-2 and Hamster thread.
I think the anxiety is high as we reach 1000 pages.  Let's look sharp people....

That's IT!!  I forgot my tin foil hat!  Someone was influencing my to forget it as we got closer to 1000 pages!!

CURSE YOU, AUDEZE and your little hamsters too!!
biggrin.gif

Speaking of Hamsters, I got a message from Audeze that the plastic blocks will be on their site for sale by Monday.  I believe the yokes will follow soon as well.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I guess the venting was cathartic! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #14,814 of 18,459

Quote:
Heck, I thought a few of us conceded that eighty-something pages ago...
wink_face.gif

You mean like yesterday?
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #14,816 of 18,459
I am pretty sure there is only 1 explanation to why I didnt receive my cable, leather headband, and oil kit with my lcd2 rev2.......

the hamsters have gotten more aggressive as we near the 1000 page mark and have escaped and taken over audeze.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh the humanity.

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #14,817 of 18,459
Quote:
I am pretty sure there is only 1 explanation to why I didnt receive my cable, leather headband, and oil kit with my lcd2 rev2.......

the hamsters have gotten more aggressive as we near the 1000 page mark and have escaped and taken over audeze.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh the humanity.

Well (clears throat)...my work here is done (in bad Texas accent)!  I have re-engaged the LCD-2 community with the real threat...

Rides off into sunset...(then rides back to post a little more)...
-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #14,818 of 18,459
Quote:
beerchug.gif

Edit: Wait. Are you accusing me of inciting this mess? What?

(in bad Texas accent that sounds like Johhny Depp playing "Rango")...Never mentioned any names.  Why, feeling guilty
very_evil_smiley.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #14,820 of 18,459
Quote:

No, it was in fun and frustration just like I posted earlier...just wanted to get it off my chest and your post gave me the chance.
There was no implication of anybody in particular, just the thread in general.

I am sorry if you got upset.  I meant no harm, no foul.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back