Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #13,846 of 18,459

Quote:
Even if you were, it's fine.  Not everyone has to like classical.  I understand your feelings though...I was raised in an area of the U.S. where they liked both types of music: Country AND Western. 
tongue.gif

But I can't say bad things about classical music:

...somebody might be upset...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Even if you don't like classical music a live situation like this one has to grab your ear with the wondrous beauty of real instruments and the marvelous sound waves they produce.   I need not be in any way familiar with any piece this group would play live in front of me and I would still be hypnotized by the sound. I might even drool.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #13,847 of 18,459
Quote:

Even if you don't like classical music a live situation like this one has to grab your ear with the wondrous beauty of real instruments and the marvelous sound waves they produce.   I need not be in any way familiar with any piece this group would play live in front of me and I would still be hypnotized by the sound. I might even drool.

Why would you drool at my daughters?  Sir!  Just what are your intentions!?! 
biggrin.gif

I listen to anything from Bach to Bachman–Turner Overdrive.  I wouldn't say I have favorite groups, more favorite songs.  There are some songs that I don't like from groups that I listen to all the time, then there are songs I listen to by groups whose music I don't particularly care for.

I'll just say that I listen to anything that sounds good to me.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

No hamsters were harmed in the creation of this post...

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #13,848 of 18,459

Quote:
Why would you drool at my daughters?  Sir!  Just what are your intentions!?! 
biggrin.gif

I listen to anything from Bach to Bachman–Turner Overdrive.  I wouldn't say I have favorite groups, more favorite songs.  There are some songs that I don't like from groups that I listen to all the time, then there are songs I listen to by groups whose music I don't particularly care for.

I'll just say that I listen to anything that sounds good to me.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

No hamsters were harmed in the creation of this post...

I don't know if you've seen my post about attending live music.   Live classical music ignites a spontaneous maniacal grin across my face and sometimes I actually start drooling if I don't watch myself.   You can't take me anywhere, especially not to Carnegie Hall.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #13,849 of 18,459
Quote:
I don't know if you've seen my post about attending live music.   Live classical music ignites a spontaneous maniacal grin across my face and sometimes I actually start drooling if I don't watch myself.   You can't take me anywhere, especially not to Carnegie Hall.

I was just kidding...
wink_face.gif
  You wouldn't have been grinning if you heard them when they first started. 
biggrin.gif

But I have to agree with you, it's some of the most impressive and hypnotic experiences I've had the pleasure of listening to.
That, and "a cappella" musical groups.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #13,850 of 18,459
Thinkgeek is having a sale
http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/on-sale/e612/

I personally think this would match the LCD-2's as a headphone stand :wink:  I think of some kind of pirates treasure, I blame the wood.  But it just feels so warm. (if you modify it, you can easily fit a few hamsters inside if you are so inclined... personally prefer a venmous snake to stop people from touching them :wink: )

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #13,851 of 18,459
Alas, Poor Yorich. I knew he'd make the perfect LCD-2 stand, Horatio

I like it. 

Quote:

I personally think this would match the LCD-2's as a headphone stand :wink:  I think of some kind of pirates treasure, I blame the wood.  But it just feels so warm. (if you modify it, you can easily fit a few hamsters inside if you are so inclined... personally prefer a venmous snake to stop people from touching them :wink: )

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #13,853 of 18,459
I just received a used pair of LDD-2.  My greatest fear was that it was going to be HD650 dark.  THESE ARE NOT DARK AT ALL!!!
It's perfect. And I used to own HD800 and currently own RS1 and I don't think these are dark.  All I can say is, they are so pure, fast, clean.  Love the separations of instruments.  Love the harmonics, the 3D(ness) and tone.  And yes, I love mids and which why I love Grado RS1 but these mids are altogether on a different level!  (Listening on Audio GD NFB-3 with MAD EAR HD). 

To me they remind of my JH13pro. They do sound like full sized JH13pro to me initially.  I may change my impressions after further listening. 
At this point I have no desire for more treble.  Maybe later more extended treble and tighter bass in the REV.2  but definitely not more emphasized treble.  The REV.1 is just magic.
These are what the HD800 should have been.  :)

With my JH16pro JH-3A combo coming Tuesday, it will be great to compare these two.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #13,856 of 18,459
Really? If that's the case. I am so happy. I am still waiting for my JH 16. If it has the LCD 2 sound, I will be in heaven.
wink.gif

Actually I really wanna have a feel of Rev.2 and ppl owns both rev.1 and 2 seems to prefer rev.2 and I hvnt seen anyone prefer rev.1 yet, right?
But I still cannot find a reason why I should get rev.2 while my rev.1 sounds perfect to me. Such a hard decision.  I guess I should just live with flaws then. 

Quote:
I just received a used pair of LDD-2.  My greatest fear was that it was going to be HD650 dark.  THESE ARE NOT DARK AT ALL!!!
It's perfect. And I used to own HD800 and currently own RS1 and I don't think these are dark.  All I can say is, they are so pure and clean.  Love the harmonics. 3D(ness) and tone.  And yes, I love mids and which why I love Grado RS1 but these mids are altogether on a different level!  (Listening on Audio GD NFB-3 with MAD EAR HD). 

To me they remind of my JH13pro. They do sound like full sized JH13pro to me initially.  I may change my impressions after further listening. 
At this point I have no desire for more treble.  Maybe later more extended treble and tighter bass in the REV.2  but definitely not more emphasized treble.  The REV.1 is just magic.

With my JH16pro JH-3A combo coming Tuesday, it will be great to compare these two.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #13,857 of 18,459
Quote:
Really? If that's the case. I am so happy. I am still waiting for my JH 16. If it has the LCD 2 sound, I will be in heaven.
wink.gif

Actually I really wanna have a feel of Rev.2 and ppl owns both rev.1 and 2 seems to prefer rev.2 and I hvnt seen anyone prefer rev.1 yet, right?
But I still cannot find a reason why I should get rev.2 while my rev.1 sounds perfect to me. Such a hard decision.  I guess I should just live with flaws then. 

If you enjoy the rev. 1 sound, there's no need to switch for the sake of switching.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. I wouldn't call it flaws, just a slightly different sound...

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #13,858 of 18,459

Quote:
wink.gif

I believe there will remain a number of people who will prefer the LCD-2 r.1 sound. 

Jul 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #13,860 of 18,459

Quote:

Cool idea, but it's just a little too big for the LCD-2s 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back