Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 8, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #1,622 of 18,459
Yyup..and that's dBel84's liquid Fire prototype btw..not mine ..though I wouldn't mind if he forgot to pack it as he prepares to move to Milwaukee 
tongue.gif

The two amps on the top are the stacker2 hybrids..the black one on the top right is a prototype of the Liquid Gold.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #1,623 of 18,459
Ah...that must be a thing of beauty to listen to with the LCD-2's.  Looks a little less frankenstein-laboratory and dangerous than without the enclosure.  LOL

It's almost painful that I have the steam punk and lack of amps, and you have almost as many amps as I have game consoles but no steam punk.  ^_^

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #1,624 of 18,459

Quote:
Yyup..and that's dBel84's liquid Fire prototype btw..not mine ..though I wouldn't mind if he forgot to pack it as he prepares to move to Milwaukee 
tongue.gif

The two amps on the top are the stacker2 hybrids..the black one on the top right is a prototype of the Liquid Gold.

"Agent Orange"? I knew him as "Charlie Brown". The "Blue Beast" is now code named "Blue Magoo", and in the witness protection program, shhh!

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #1,627 of 18,459

If you had to pick a favorite out of all those nice amps which would it be?  The one you listen to the most?  

Quote:

That's good to know. I have requested Alex to send mine with the contour hugging foam. 

Meanwhile, my Wharfedale Isodynamic zebrawoods are spoiled for choice with 4 TOTL amps to drive them with. Not surprisingly they are all Cavalli Audio amps..but honestly, I am not a Cavalli Audio fanboy at all. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #1,628 of 18,459
Right now, am getting most of my headtime on the Liquid Fire and some on the Liquid Gold...though tonight i spent a while with the orange Stacker II hybrid as i just received it earlier today.  They are all top tier amps IMO . The Liquid Fire and Gold are more neutral amps IMO.. The stacker has its own charm, but is slightly colored compared to the new Cavalli amps. The Stacker is also noticeably slower compared to the other two. 

The Liquid Gold especially is frigging blindingly fast. They are all great amps and I am certainly spoiled for choice with just one headphone to go around. The wharfedale being probably among the most inefficient orthos made relishes the power of the LF and LG for sure.

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #1,631 of 18,459

Quote:
Right now, am getting most of my headtime on the Liquid Fire and some on the Liquid Gold...though tonight i spent a while with the orange Stacker II hybrid as i just received it earlier today.  They are all top tier amps IMO . The Liquid Fire and Gold are more neutral amps IMO.. The stacker has its own charm, but is slightly colored compared to the new Cavalli amps. The Stacker is also noticeably slower compared to the other two. 

The Liquid Gold especially is frigging blindingly fast. They are all great amps and I am certainly spoiled for choice with just one headphone to go around. The wharfedale being probably among the most inefficient orthos made relishes the power of the LF and LG for sure.

Any hint from Alex yet on the LF and LG pricing?

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #1,632 of 18,459

Quote:
Any hint from Alex yet on the LF and LG pricing?

His "real" job has him tied up this week.  The chassis is the big cost and the big unknown at this time.  The amps were in prototype chassis that were modded for his needs, but it's too costly to do that for commercial amps.  The LG will probably be a little lower than the LF.

RD, my LCD-2s will paid for in cash.  I need to reel in outstanding funds owed to me and probably sell a pair of headphones or two, my T20v1s being one of the pairs going up.  The only ones that are safe are the TPs and KH-83s. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #1,635 of 18,459
lol I never eat with my headphones on, you tend to hear yourself chew and its annoying.  Seriously you must not be able to take them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back