Audeze LCD-2 driver failures
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

blakjava2011

New Head-Fier
In November, 2011, my Audeze LCD-2 had a driver failure on the right side. I sent them back to Audeze where thy were quickly repaired. Now today, Jan.8, 2013, the left side suddenly went out as soon as I plugged them into my Burson HA-160D Headphone DAC/Amp. I reported this to Audeze Support. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know if they are still under warranty, but I'm fearful that it will happen again.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 67
Anyone know if the Burson HA-160D delivers some DC during power down?  That could be part of the problem.

When plugging in headphones and turning the amp off be sure the volume is set to zero.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 67
I own a ha 160d and lcd 2 too. You have just made me paranoid lol.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 67
Also is it dangerous to turn off the burson when the volume is not at zero?

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 67
I have a Grado RS-1 that I also use with the Burson HA-160DS. I have been using the Grados for many years with no issues and they sound great too. Besides the Burson, I also use them with a Berning micro-ZOTL personal amplifier than I bought several years ago that I paired with a PS Audio DACIII. As far as the volume always being turned to zero, before connecting or disconnecting the headphones, I don't know if that's always the case as I never turn the volume all that high in the first place for any length of time while wearing them. And the volume was not up when they went out this time. I had thought about buying the Audeze LCD-3, but I just un-thought about it. The LCD-2's that I own are the Rev.1. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 67
Quote:
 I had thought about buying the Audeze LCD-3, but I just un-thought about it.

I wish I could do things like that.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 67
Quote:
In November, 2011, my Audeze LCD-2 had a driver failure on the right side. I sent them back to Audeze where thy were quickly repaired. Now today, Jan.8, 2013, the left side suddenly went out as soon as I plugged them into my Burson HA-160D Headphone DAC/Amp. I reported this to Audeze Support. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know if they are still under warranty, but I'm fearful that it will happen again.

They are still under warranty.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 67
Quote:
Got a RMA number to return the LCD-2s. The thing is, I've had my Grado RS-1 for years without a hitch. I would hate to upgrade to the LCD-3 and have this happen.

Just remember Grado's aren't impervious to issues...like say the Grattle.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 67
Never heard this kind of issue with any Burson amp, only with earlier models of schiit. 

Edit: i just noticed you have a pair of grado's. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #15 of 67
I hope my LCD2F holds together because I"m closing in on the end of warranty.

My personal experience with Audeze's warranty has been very poor. I had my LCD2 that was purchased in 2013 sent out for repair under warranty. The right side driver died in use. It took around 2 weeks for the whole process. I am grateful for their free fazor upgrade, however the workmanship was poor. When I received them, there were nicks and chips all around with cross threaded screws holding the grill. In addition, there was a hairline crack in the Y yoke joint holding the ear cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back