Audeze LCD-2 Closed
May 26, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #451 of 883
for how many hours should LCD2 closed backs be burned in you think?
And also do amps have burn in requirement?

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #452 of 883
for how many hours should LCD2 closed backs be burned in you think?
And also do amps have burn in requirement?

Some speaker manufacturers recommend a burn-in time of 24 to 48 hours, to allow them to hit a target price point by not devoting resources to this. The burn-in (break-in, conditioning) softens the suspension components, which happens quickly at first but then slows down to an imperceptible level.

Burning in headphones is a bit more controversial, but some owners can hear a difference. I read somewhere that Audeze does a longer burn-in process than most during their testing, so this may be less necessary for their products but I did it anyway.

Burning in amps is probably not necessary. They have no moving components, the components don't age rapidly, and factory testing should be sufficient. However, your ears may take some time to fully appreciate subtle differences between similar amps, and even more time to hear a difference between DACs.

May 28, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #453 of 883
@Left Channel thank you :)
@Slim1970 So how would you compare Centrance DACportable to Chord Mojo. I tried Chord Mojo with LCD 2 CB and it produced really smooth sound but lower bass compared to Oppo Ha2 but I really liked its smoothness, way better than Ha2.
So what would you say about the smoothness and warmness of DACportable compared to Mojo? I like bass but I may choose the clearness Mojo provides over the bass.
Also does the treble eq of DACportable cause brightness on LCD 2 CB when listening to metal music?

May 28, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #454 of 883
@Left Channel thank you :)
@Slim1970 So how would you compare Centrance DACportable to Chord Mojo. I tried Chord Mojo with LCD 2 CB and it produced really smooth sound but lower bass compared to Oppo Ha2 but I really liked its smoothness, way better than Ha2.
So what would you say about the smoothness and warmness of DACportable compared to Mojo? I like bass but I may choose the clearness Mojo provides over the bass.
Also does the treble eq of DACportable cause brightness on LCD 2 CB when listening to metal music?
I liked the Mojo but I didn't like the Mojo with all my headphones. The Mojo works well with older Audeze headphones. The LCD-2CB's are more neutral sounding and I think that's why you may feel its lacking some bass with the Mojo.

The DACPortable works with just about any headphone. It has that natural class A warmth. To my ears it's just as clean sounding as the Mojo with a bit more musicality. The bass boost works wonders with headphones and is especially beneficial with IEM's. The treble boost is also well implemented. It doesn't make anything sound harsh or overblow. It adds just the right amount of detail to the top end. I have both the bass and treble boost on when I'm listening to the LCD-2CB's and they sound great. Plenty of drive and dynamics with more bass impact and definition.

May 28, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #455 of 883
I liked the Mojo but I didn't like the Mojo with all my headphones. The Mojo works well with older Audeze headphones. The LCD-2CB's are more neutral sounding and I think that's why you may feel its lacking some bass with the Mojo.

The DACPortable works with just about any headphone. It has that natural class A warmth. To my ears it's just as clean sounding as the Mojo with a bit more musicality. The bass boost works wonders with headphones and is especially beneficial with IEM's. The treble boost is also well implemented. It doesn't make anything sound harsh or overblow. It adds just the right amount of detail to the top end. I have both the bass and treble boost on when I'm listening to the LCD-2CB's and they sound great. Plenty of drive and dynamics with more bass impact and definition.

So do you also think the lcd2 cb has little bass with mojo?
Does the sound get harsh or chaotic when turning up the volume?
And do you think one should give an amp and headphone pair to get used to each other?
Also with what do you connect the DACportable to your iphone?

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #456 of 883
@Lyssky here are my replies to your questions:

So do you also think the lcd2 cb has little bass with mojo?
That's one of the best things about Chord products, they are transparent. They don't add anything to the music. If the song doesn't have a hard hitting bassline the Mojo won't attenuate the notes. I think that the LCD-2CB doesn't have the bass as the LCD-X, LCD-XC or LCD-3F. It falls more in line with the bass of the LCD-4. It's more linear than bumped up. Not that LCD-2CB's are lacking bass, I think it could use a little more. l like a +3 - 5 db boost to the subbass, which is why I favor the DACportable or the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label over the Mojo. That's because the Mojo is not going to give you anymore bass unfortunately. I'm not sure how you feel about EQ and If you're going to keep the Mojo you might want to look at something like the Schiit Loki. I have one and it's a mainstay in my mid-fi setup which I find myself listening too the majority of the time. My Pro iCan has a bass boost and I add subbass to the majority of my headphones.
Does the sound get harsh or chaotic when turning up the volume?
The sound maintains it's composer with the LCD-2CB. They seem to hit harder and louder. They really EQ well and love the extra power
And do you think one should give an amp and headphone pair to get used to each other?
No, either the pairing is going to have synergy or it's not.
Also with what do you connect the DACportable to your iphone?
Yes, either my iPhone or iPad

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #458 of 883
Jun 6, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #459 of 883
I would appreciate some insight regarding sound characteristics of lcd2 closed.
I love warm and thick and linear sound with slightly emphasised mids.
I do like bass but not too much over normal amount.
I also need it to be highly resolving and good separation.

I have the wm1z and a wireworld all copper cable. Will be connected via 4.4mm.

Would this combo be adequate and well paired?

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #460 of 883
I has a question about diaphragms clicking :) Yeah, again. So, clicks from both drivers. Cans was bought couple months ago, and drivers clicks from start. Almost silent after night, but more after several minutes of listening. Audeze says it's normal for planars, air pressure, bla-bla-bla. But... Should i worry or forget and relax? :) Maybe other pads can fix pressure issue.

PS: Sorry for my English )

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #461 of 883
I am thinking getting velour pads for my set can anyone give feedback on the sound change if any?

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #462 of 883
I has a question about diaphragms clicking :) Yeah, again. So, clicks from both drivers. Cans was bought couple months ago, and drivers clicks from start. Almost silent after night, but more after several minutes of listening. Audeze says it's normal for planars, air pressure, bla-bla-bla. But... Should i worry or forget and relax? :) Maybe other pads can fix pressure issue.

mine never clicks.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #463 of 883

That is not normal. I have never heard clicks from a headphone unless they were caused by a problem upstream, like in the DAC, in which case I heard them in my speakers too.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #464 of 883
Sep 3, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #465 of 883
I mean situation like this https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...cking-static-sound-when-I-press-on-the-earcup
It's not electric clicks, it's mechanical effect.

OK thanks I understand now. I have never experienced that so still don't know what it would sound like, but I just tried to reproduce it with my LCD2-CB. Nothing happens when I just move my head around. If I press it towards my ears, I hear the ear cups compressing. I can't tell if some of that sound is also the crinkling of the drivers, but I don't think so. I live about 400 miles the north of Audeze HQ, in a similarly dry climate that probably varies even less in temperature and humidity. That Audeze article says age and climate may make planars more easily damaged during handling. That's a scary thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back