Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Apr 29, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #872 of 883
Been listening to mine for a couple of years now and they've been my primary closed-back lately, pretty much always through the THX 789. Today I plugged them into my jumpered Emotiva A-100 that is basically the same as plugging into a 100W speaker amp and dang, the bass and the whole sound really came to life. I like the THX 789 and it definitely resolves/separates a bit better than the Emo but this pairing is a pleasant surprise, giving these headphones a very satsifying thump and lovely sound.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #875 of 883
Any good comparison between 2C & 2CB?
To add my thoughts, they are different animals. The short of it is that the 2 closed delivers a more resolving and balanced sound across a more 3-D soundstage with strong bass capability while the 2C is warmer and more mid-centric, delivering fantastic vocals and a general smooth listening experience that is a little lighter on detail but also a little easier to just sink into and experience. Both can be EQd to a fairly wide range of tonality but the base characteristcs are always there for me.

I like and enjoy them both, but the 2 closed is my personal choice most of the time based on my preference for detail and resolution.

May 1, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #876 of 883
I do wish the new closed backs had more of the natural materials that they use on the open back LCD-2. Have the open back version myself in Bamboo and I absolutely love the look.

They would even look better if they dropped the big AUDEZE printing off.

May 2, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #877 of 883
They would even look better if they dropped the big AUDEZE printing off.
The original Version of the 2 closed back looked a lot better imo

Jul 31, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #880 of 883
I can already tell you those will be severely different in treble presentation. Beyer is known to have quite pronounced treble regions. The 2 Closed Back does not. So if you're accustomed to Beyer treble, you're gonna find the CB too warm/smooth. Or if you're used to the 2CB, you're gonna fihnd the Beyer to be like throwing a fork into a metallic kitchen sink.

Aug 19, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #881 of 883
Has anyone tried the new leather pads on the LCD-2CB? Do they change the sound at all - or do the new leather and stock pleather pads (that come with the marble cup version) sound the same?

Edit: clarified the question
I have Audeze leather pads on mine. Pleather were stock.
Sound is better I think. Highs have come down 1db otherwise everything else sounds about the same.
I think the mids have come up maybe 1db and the bass is still incredible.

New leather pads aren't as thick as the stock pads.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #882 of 883
Hi folks, i asked the same in the Beyer T5 topic, but LCD is on my whislist too, so heres my question: in my road to find a natural (good timbre) sounding closed backs with big soundstage, i found myself here. Lately i using a Denon D5200 which are great, but im just curious if the T5 3rd gens have better soundstage. Sound characteristics more or less the same i read that. Neverteless another contender is the LCD 2 CB, im veery curious how the T5 compares to those too in soundstage.

So in short:
Soundstage, imaging wise what would be the the order between the D5200, T5 3rd, and LCD 2CB?

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #883 of 883

Users who are viewing this thread

Back