Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #841 of 883
this my new audeze. this pads newer sounds improved vs old ones or i must change to leather? no problem,can order directly from you or audeze eu dealers. but im really like non leather pads. im got new model lcd-2c closed back. does pads are thicker vs leather pads? thanks
They are the same in size. Whether new pads are improved vs old, take it from other users.

The change is subtle, and I have posted the graph showcasing what the new pads do. The main thing is a mild 2db bump at 3khz. So it brings up the mid/upper detail a notch more comparted to the old pads.

Again, we do not measure leather vs leather-free on these headphones, and we do not expect a big change between them.

I would honestly only get leather if it's some necessity for you. Not because you expect improvements.

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #842 of 883
First world problems. My pair from B&H was supposed to be here by now but delayed until mid February. B&H says due to manufacturer delays 🤷😭

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #844 of 883
Yes, I have the first first version of the 2CB where the pads are also pleather, but thicker/deeper than the new ones. But they are starting to fall apart, so I'm thinking of replacing them with new leather ones that aren't as thick as the old ones.
does any know how sound different first 2CB vs newer 2CB ? pads first vs newer is same thick/deep? and leather replacement thicker/deeper vs newer 2CB ?

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #845 of 883
The reply literally right before yours states ALL LCD-2 Closed come with leather-FREE pads. We do not sell them with leather pads, period. You can buy leather pads as a separate purchase.

The pads are extrenmely consistent with one another in regards to sound. We do not measure the previously mentioned 3 headphones with leather-free pads (and don't keep their measurements stored. Measurements are only kept for headphones above LCD-2s.

Here is what the new pads do vs old style pads in general. Old would be a straight line.
hello. first 2CB vs newer 2CB sound curve is same? pads first vs newer is same?

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #846 of 883
Jan 24, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #847 of 883
I provided this graph yesterday:

pad change graph.jpg

That is prevbious vs NEW pads.

The LCD-2 closed has NOT changed sonically, just parts/looks. The new pads added to every single LCD in late 2020/early 2021 in a rolling change was the biggest sound change for them, and as shown above is only a slight change. Not sure where the confusion is. This is the expected change between previous pads, and the newer post 2020 pads.

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #849 of 883

pad change graph.jpg

The LCD-2 closed has NOT changed sonically, just parts/looks. The new pads added to every single LCD in late 2020/early 2021 in a rolling change was the biggest sound change for them, and as shown above is only a slight change. Not sure where the confusion is. This is the expected change between previous pads, and the newer post 2020 pads.
so this graph shows improved new 2CB vs first 2CB. how improved new 2CB upgraded to leather earpads?

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #853 of 883
Let me make it as clear as possible, as the questions sound redundant.

1. The graph shows what the pad changes do. It lifts 3khz a few db. To many, that is the improvement.

2. Once again, leather vs leather-free, they should be relatively consistent with one another aound-wise, thickness, etc, etc. Choose whichever material you want. You either want leather, or you do not. Make a choice based on that. Not because of expecting leather to sound better or worse. Just choose based on what you WANT. The end.

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #854 of 883
im got new for 560€ shipped.happy
No reputable seller has them brand new for less than 899, only used or open box, I wouldn't want to buy from anywhere not reputable to get them actually brand new.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #855 of 883

pad change graph.jpg

Well, one maybe even bigger thing besides the small 3k bump, is that the pads are thinner then before, and it's no longer memory foam... This may also contribute to how the sound and soundstage is perceived... Maybe? :)

Anyway, on a more serious note: will audeze please send the LCD-CB out to reviews ? Or do some PR or something!

I mean, the LCD-CB did not have a great start right? Just look at the first 2-3 pages of this thread...

And this headphone is bloody good! I mean like seriously good.

Oh.. and for the love of God. Please do a coop with IFI... I have said it before and I say it again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back