Audeze LCD-2/Centrance DACmini connectivity questions
Jun 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dangalf

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm hoping to be the proud owner of a pair of Audeze LCD-2s and a Centrance DACmini in the next few months. I wanted people's opinions on how best to connect them up.
Would the Centrance be best connected to my PC via USB or optical (I have options for either)?
I live in the UK and am importing both items from the US - will this cause any connectivity issues? I assume the Centrance also plugs into the mains power - will I need an adaptor for this? If so will it affect sound quality? I'm willing to pay for a new/upgraded cable that would plug into the Centrance and then into a UK/European mains if anyone has any suggestions?

Please excuse the noob questions

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Heyya!

The DACmini's power supply comes with a standard interchangable IEC cord that goes from the mains to the power supply... I don't know if they will ship with a UK cord or not, but the power supply says it will accept 240V, so you might have to scavenge a regular computer-style IEC mains cable, which should be fairly easy to do.

I've run my DACMini on both USB and Optical, and couldn't hear a difference in the quality of sound... I did stick with optical though, as Pro Tools 9 seems to be a little more stable running out of my mac's sound output than it does running into the USB input of the DACMini...

Cheers,
Dustin.

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Never tested the two but found the Schiit LYR to work a whole lot better for the LCD-2

my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back