Audeze LCD-2 and Monoprice M1060, Comparison and Discussion
Jun 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #31 of 32
@biggbenn74 Thank you so much for making this thread and taking time to do the write up. It has certainly helped me understand how these 2 headphones fair against each other. I would wish to ask that with such varied views on the 2 headphones, could it be due to the amplification and source/dac that affects these headphones... I see you have a Schiit combo and I know that those are by no means any slouch...

but I just can't help but wonder could it be that those who hear the M1060 to be significantly poorer than the LCD-2 have like an upstream of insane/highend electronic that allows the differentiation of the two to be a lot clearer than those who auditioned them quickly with a smartphone or what not...
Thanks for the kind words, glad I could help. They are both fantastic choices at their price points.

May 12, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #32 of 32
I had LCD-2F from 2019 year of production. For my preferences they have no chance to be so good as M1060C. I have HEXv2 as main HP but in same time I'm owner of LCD-X and M1060C. I'm not so sure to make a decision which pair from last two I will save but for now they will be M1060C. I have replaced headband for handmade leather and also changed earpads to sheepskin. Now they are very comfortable and their sound characteristic is in opposite to HEXv2. They are more slammy, detailed, sounding directly to your face than LCD-X. Everything sound heavyweighted, more spectacular in opposite to intimate, laid back, technical, transparancy, openess kings - HEX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back