Audeze LCD 2 Amping Question
Sep 26, 2011 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Milton61

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I am new to this forum, but have been a fan of headphones for a number of years.  I had originally considered buying a set of Sennheiser HD800's and was visiting this site learn more about them.  However, after reading lots of reviews here, I am now leaning towards auditioning the Audeze LCD 2's.

My question is this -- The amp I own is a HeadRoom Ultra Desktop with its dedicated desktop power supply.  Would this amp be a good match the the LCD 2's.  I would greatly appreciate any opinions about this.  Thanks!

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
More than you ever wanted to know. I don't think you'll find the Headroom Ultra mentioned much, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a good match.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/495631/amp-recommendations-for-audeze-lcd-2

Thanks for the link.  That thread is very long.  I read about the first 5 pages to get a feeling of what folks were saying.  Then I did a word search for "HeadRoom" for about the next the next 20 pages.  What I discovered was kind of interesting.  In all those pages there were only about 3 relevant hits.  Two of those hits were actually unanswered questions similar to mine (i.e. asking if HeadRoom Amps were a good match for the LCD2's.)  One poster actually auditioned  the Ultra with the LCD2's and said he liked them.

The main impression I got was that that HeadRoom amps in general are mostly ignored for some reason by members in this forum.  That was kind of surprising to me because I have seen good reviews on other audio websites and in Stereophile magazine. Thanks.

Quote:
Greetings,

I am new to this forum, but have been a fan of headphones for a number of years.  I had originally considered buying a set of Sennheiser HD800's and was visiting this site learn more about them.  However, after reading lots of reviews here, I am now leaning towards auditioning the Audeze LCD 2's.

My question is this -- The amp I own is a HeadRoom Ultra Desktop with its dedicated desktop power supply.  Would this amp be a good match the the LCD 2's.  I would greatly appreciate any opinions about this.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back